Career Officer
# 41
01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm usually to be found acting all tough and rolling my shoulders on DS9, trying to overhear whatever the Fed and KDF security guards outside the tailor are talking to eachother about. It seems engrossing.
----
Career Officer
# 42
01-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
I didn't realize that there was a raping emote.
I don't know exactly what commands he (male toon, I assume male player) was using, but he was performing the same actions an overly excited dog in heat would toward a person's leg. And it was obviously not welcomed by several of the recipients. I think that would count as ****, at least as close to **** as you can get in STO. It was quite unpleasant to watch.

Edit: The "r" word gets censored on here? Really?

Porthos is not amused.
Commander
# 43
01-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Totally First City.

I wish I could say the Fleet Starbase, but even in our huge fleet it's always deserted as every time you log out, the instance is closed and a player is kicked to his last location before going to the fleet base. As long as Cryptic doesn't change that, fleet bases are NOT social zones, but mainly dilithium dumps.
STOWiki admin.
Captain
# 44
01-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Drozana because of all the controversy. I meet very unique people there, some are dooshes but ALL are interesting.

It's my favorite cantina in the universe.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lieutenant
# 45
01-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Mainly KDF player here...

Doffjobs is my main social outlet. I usually have zonechat off on all my characters, as much chatter is often non-startrek.

My favorite spot in game is on my KDF starbase sitting in front of the fireplace after drinking some bloodwine. The fireplace has some subtle sounds, can chat on doffjobs or with friends.

The most often used social zone is the KDF academy. Many alts parked there for access to doff recruiting, lore missions and exchange/banking.

ESD has to be the place I like least, mostly due to a great deal of non-startrek talk, if i have zone chat on. IMO you are in a star trek game, so talk start trek. if you talk about RL stuff there are many other places outside of a game to do that, or take it to a private chat/channel.
------------------------------------
Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
Captain
# 46
01-24-2013, 10:24 AM
If I feel like just hanging out somewhere, I usually prefer DS9.

It's usually fairly lively, but I can loiter around on the upper promenade if I want away from the crowds, and I can play Dabo if I get bored; plus, watching the wormhole can be mesmerizing.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Career Officer
# 47
01-24-2013, 07:13 PM
I like DS9, because (no matter the differences from the show) it IS DS9. Also, it doesn't lag as much as it used to, you can get your own personal instance of it, and it has Commodity AND device vendors for you Rep buffs out there.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
# 48
01-24-2013, 10:47 PM
My favorite ground zone - bear with me here - is Nukara. It's just so alien. I'd love it if they had some sort of exchange/bank and cafe at the base camp

We could overlook the burning acid mists while drinking Klingon coffee.
Career Officer
# 49
01-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Bajor, for it's ambiance and sun rises
New Romulus, for it's size, exploration potential, wildlife and volume of daily missions
Starfleet Academy for the waterfront and bridge
and First City for it's atmosphere, and dirtyness factor

Sorry, I couldn't pick 'just one'

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Captain
# 50
01-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Okay, I'll (heh) bite...

What's a "dental"?