Rihannsu
# 21
01-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post
These are kind of bad, tbh.
Why re-create the wheel? Are the pads in-game not available to foundry authors? Are there no textures for the TOS and TNG federation pads?
Correctamundo!

We have to make our own or not use them...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
01-28-2013, 06:14 PM
There is a transporter room in the Facility 400whatever map. However if you need to set your action on a Starship, that doesn't really help.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 23
01-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
There is a transporter room in the Facility 400whatever map. However if you need to set your action on a Starship, that doesn't really help.
Exactly my problem when re-creating the Enterprise-D interiors (specifically, the transporter room) for my current map.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Captain
# 24
01-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post
These are kind of bad, tbh.
Why re-create the wheel? Are the pads in-game not available to foundry authors? Are there no textures for the TOS and TNG federation pads?
The story of the foundry. One of the most basic props that we should have is not in the foundry, so we have to make one out of random junk.
Captain
# 25
02-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
The story of the foundry. One of the most basic props that we should have is not in the foundry, so we have to make one out of random junk.
Agreed, a cryptic prop would be much much better. I wish the standard ship interior you get on your ship was in the foundry too.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 26
02-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
Agreed, a cryptic prop would be much much better. I wish the standard ship interior you get on your ship was in the foundry too.
If they broke that interior up into parts that we can use, from walls to floors and etc., it would be a godsend to the Foundry.

Almost all of the top requested assets are inside our ship interiors, but not inside the Foundry.
Career Officer
# 27
02-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Here's a couple of shots of my transporter. I didn't try to make it look like TOS or TNG, just went with the easiest thing, which was using the Holodisplay Podiums. I think it looks pretty good though, and could pass as the "next generation" of transporter technology.

Star Trek: Atlas, Transporter Image 1

Star Trek: Atlas, Transporter Image 2

Star Trek: Atlas, Alternate Transporter Image

Here are the details on my transporter pad for anyone who is interested. All coordinates are relative to the left transporter pad piece, with the exception of Y, which is relative to the floor. The alternate version has the farthest right and left pads rotated more inward, so the whole pad is more enclosed. I think the alternate version resembles the shape of the show's transporters more, but the trouble is the holographic displays end up making it a little too enclosed.

Transporter
Transporter - Left - 0, 0.5, 0 (Console - Hologram Podium XL 01)*
Transporter - Top Left - +1.7, 0.5, +2.6, Rot 45
Transporter - Bottom Left - +1.7, 0.5, -2.6, Rot -45
Transporter - Top Right - +4.7, 0.5, -3.236, Rot 90
Transporter - Bottom Right - +4.7, 0.5, -3.236, Rot -90
Transporter Pad - +4.5, 0.1, 0, Rot 45 (Platform - Holographic Display)

Federation Logo - +9.6, 0.9, 0, Rot 90 (Detail - Starfleet Floor Logo 01)
Transporter Console - +13, 0.9, 0, Rot -90 (Console - Ship M 06)

Alternate, more closed in version (substitute top/bottom right for above and add bulkheads)
Transporter Bulkhead - Top - +3.2, 0, +5.3 (Building Block Column 5x22x5 03)
Transporter Bulkhead - Bottom - +3.2, 0, -5.3
Transporter - Top Right - +4.7, 0.5, +2.6, Rot 135
Transporter - Bottom Right - +4.7, 0.5, -2.6, Rot -135

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 02-03-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Captain
# 28
02-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Here's a couple of shots of my transporter. I didn't try to make it look like TOS or TNG, just went with the easiest thing, which was using the Holodisplay Podiums. I think it looks pretty good though, and could pass as the "next generation" of transporter technology.

Star Trek: Atlas, Transporter Image 1

Star Trek: Atlas, Transporter Image 2

Star Trek: Atlas, Alternate Transporter Image

Here are the details on my transporter pad for anyone who is interested. All coordinates are relative to the left transporter pad piece, with the exception of Y, which is relative to the floor. The alternate version has the farthest right and left pads rotated more inward, so the whole pad is more enclosed. I think the alternate version resembles the shape of the show's transporters more, but the trouble is the holographic displays end up making it a little too enclosed.

Transporter
Transporter - Left - 0, 0.5, 0 (Console - Hologram Podium XL 01)*
Transporter - Top Left - +1.7, 0.5, +2.6, Rot 45
Transporter - Bottom Left - +1.7, 0.5, -2.6, Rot -45
Transporter - Top Right - +4.7, 0.5, -3.236, Rot 90
Transporter - Bottom Right - +4.7, 0.5, -3.236, Rot -90
Transporter Pad - +4.5, 0.1, 0, Rot 45 (Platform - Holographic Display)

Federation Logo - +9.6, 0.9, 0, Rot 90 (Detail - Starfleet Floor Logo 01)
Transporter Console - +13, 0.9, 0, Rot -90 (Console - Ship M 06)

Alternate, more closed in version (substitute top/bottom right for above and add bulkheads)
Transporter Bulkhead - Top - +3.2, 0, +5.3 (Building Block Column 5x22x5 03)
Transporter Bulkhead - Bottom - +3.2, 0, -5.3
Transporter - Top Right - +4.7, 0.5, +2.6, Rot 135
Transporter - Bottom Right - +4.7, 0.5, -2.6, Rot -135
I had thought of using that asset as a transporter pad. I really like what you have done here.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 29
02-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
If they broke that interior up into parts that we can use, from walls to floors and etc., it would be a godsend to the Foundry.

Almost all of the top requested assets are inside our ship interiors, but not inside the Foundry.
They have the map from the tutorial mission which is like your engineering deck but it's all battle damaged.

Captain
# 30
02-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:

I would wholeheartedly agree. I'm tired of the straight windows and creating custom hallways.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.