Republic Veteran
# 121
01-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
How to be an STO game developer in 3 easy steps

Step 1 : Create a game loosley based on a popular sci fi TV series and movie trilogy

Step 2 : Relise the game has tons of glitches and bugs, make a second faction but never finish it, promise a third faction everyone really really REALLY wants but never make it nerf everything else while making the borg much much much MUCH stronger.

Step 3 : Knowing of exisiting game issues release new lock boxes act like all the problems are the fault of the gamers.
Remember kids: If it doesn't generate revenue we pretend it does not exist. You don't need UI tool-tray functionality to buy lockboxes! Nor do game-breaking AI glitches prevent you from playing Lockbox Mania in order to buy vanity items from the Lobi store!
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Ensign
# 122
01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
game is patching now! will it all work? or we are all doomed?
Ensign
# 123
01-24-2013, 09:34 AM
thats not an answer, at least if your going to provide an answer make it a proper one. same old story with this game nothing is done properly. bunch of monkeys
Survivor of Romulus
# 124
I had to go look on YouTube for this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophere View Post
Roger... no that's my evil twin currently serving time on Rura Penta. Something involving illegal tiribble usage...

LOL
Captain
# 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Silly Patch Notes Round Two:

*Ignored player complaints about refine-cap. Decreased amount of dilth in game to punish them for complaining.

*Disregarded list of long-standing issues involving parts of the game that have nothing to do with revenue generation.

*Introduced 9 more types of plasma weapon, because we simply don't feel like making new weapons. Besides EVERYONE has the latest high end graphics card that can render the geometric increase in particle-effects, amirite? iamrite.

*Ignored customer requests for more playable content. Added 11 new currencies instead.

*Disregarded long-standing STF Uber-Torpedo Glitch. If you don't like blowing up, fly a cruiser with blue phasers so you don't aggro the tactical cube.

*Noticed players were having fun with specific power combo, nerfed power combo to point of non-functionality and blamed decision on "PVP Balance." Hahah damn I'm good at my job.

*Rendered everyone's favorite mission unplayable with seizure inducing background graphic glitches.

*Passed up opportunity to generate KDF content. Spent entire shift begging Neverwinter team for a job.

*Fixed insignificant typo in tool tip for lockbox released three seasons ago.

*Adjusted font kerning.

*Adjusted redness of KDF UI to cause permanent eye-damage. This way we can continue to claim no one plays KDF side.

*Replaced one random DOFF name with an obscenity, because naughty words make us giggle.

Patch is expected to take a long time to install as our server tech is busy flirting with the HR manager for the Neverwinter Department. Expect random glitches all day, tomorrow and possibly until the game closes down. Thank you for playing STO: Grind Harder. Remember, if your complaint is about a part of the game that DOES NOT generate revenue you will NOT get a reply. All connection glitches and CTDs are the fault of the user and are not caused by poor programming on our side.
I managed to make a list of bugs I hoped they would have fixed without being a jerk and insulting the dev team yet you can't. Not a good way to get them on your side by being so rude. I wouldn't mind at all if they would just ban disrespectful people like this. Game could use a little censorship sometimes. Despite the many bugs this game still takes a lot of hard work to maintain and still is the best f2p mmo out there.
Empire Veteran
# 127
01-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orsil View Post
game is patching now! will it all work? or we are all doomed?
Confirmed. Patch server is up. XMPP server is accessible.
Career Officer
# 128
01-24-2013, 09:36 AM
One thing truly amazes me Pinky...

How many NEW Posters pop up in threads like this, whenever there is a Scheduled Maintenance...

And then disappear back into the woodwork never to be heard from again...

Pinky..., I think we just figured out how to Finally, Take Over the World.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-24-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Career Officer
Career Officer
Closed Thread