Survivor of Remus
# 51
01-24-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
why does it take so long when the patch is smaller than last weeks?

Crap! Ninja'd by the Community Rep.
We all know that the STO servers run on gerbil power,and with all the lag we had the last few weeks,I would say that most of them died on their treadmills and they need to be replaced....

it's all Brandon's fault btw...he forgot to feed them...again...
Republic Veteran
# 52
01-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Honest Patch Notes:

*Buffed Borg LOLpedo to make even more unfair. All Borg torpedoes now do eleven trillion critical damage per shot, have unlimited rage and are utterly unstoppable. 2 second cooldown.

*Broke user-interface, buttons now change position at random when clicked, or drop entirely. We don't know what went wrong, nor do we care about fixing it. Buy a master key.

*Finished rendering all plot-missions unplayable due to AI glitches, background image failures and various other major show-stopping bugs. This portion of the game does not generate revenue therefore we DO NOT give two tribbles out of a Borg's butt about it. (Sadly this one is more true than you realize! )

*Added eleven new grind maps and 16 new reputation systems, each requiring 8 new currencies. Some promised rep items are broken to the point that they are useless, while others haven't even been programmed yet.

*Nerfed all powers that benefit the player in any way. Sci Team actually reduces your shields, Eng Team damages your hull, and Tac Team causes your security team to blow **** up aboard your own ship. Haz Team will cause you to burst into flames. Aux Power abilities will set your power levels to Zero for 15 min.

*Decreased server stability. We removed two banks of RAM and half of the CPU arrays and gave them to the Neverwinter team in trade for use of the K-Cup coffee-maker.

*Added new player ability "Orbital Howitzer." Instantly destroys any target for the low low cost of 500 lobi per shot.

*Added a bunch of Foundry stuff that doesn't work. Or does it? No one really knows because the person who programs the Foundry speaks Dutch and we can't understand him.

*Manipulated the Dilth market so you can no longer spend money to get ahead, you must grind a MINIMUM of 16 hours a day.

*Decreased Refine Cap by 7,500.

*Sold password management database to Russian Mobster to finance VO work for next grind-world map.

We expect this downtime to last for at least 8 hours with a 75% chance of something going wrong and extending the time by 2 hours. Downtime will occur during peak hours for non-American markets because we just don't give a dang about France. Sorry France. Cryptic Studios hopes you enjoy your expanded STO: Grind Harder Experience and that you will buy lots of lockbox keys otherwise we will all be unemployed. Thank you for playing STO: Grind Harder.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Survivor of Romulus
# 53
01-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
I am kind of disappointed. STO seems to have more of the computer nerd vib to it and I have met a ton of nerds in game that always give me good advice on computer stuff like processors and the like. That being said...does anyone not think that maybe they are doing more than just sticking a patch on a game?
Extended maintenances only happen when the ice cream truck is in the area, coincidence?
Ensign
# 54
01-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
If your connection is slower, I would just patch all at one time and not on a per instance basis unless you wanna sit around, waiting for the game to patch as you try to play. I actually let the game patch on a per instance basis as my connection is pretty fast so I wait maybe an additional 10-15 seconds at most when I venture into an area I have not visited in a long time. Plus, I always have other applications running to fill my time while anything patches.
Thanks for that. :-D
Republic Veteran
# 55
01-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmobrien View Post
Cheers for that Commandorebob.

So, I just patched the game. Seen the forum and now i'll have to patch the game again after the maintenance the whole 14GB?!

Does this patching ever get quicker? Or less than 14GB?
Most patches are ~250MB patches requiring as little as 50MB to actually patch. Large patches are not the norm. It just depends how frequently you log on and what is being changed.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Ensign
# 56
01-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Most patches are ~250MB patches requiring as little as 50MB to actually patch. Large patches are not the norm. It just depends how frequently you log on and what is being changed.
I was speaking about the patch in the launcher. It's always 14GB - takes atleast 17 hours to patch up.
Ensign
# 57
01-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
I am kind of disappointed. STO seems to have more of the computer nerd vib[e] to it and I have met a ton of nerds in game that always give me good advice on computer stuff like processors and the like.

And when I say nerd, I mean "your pocket protector turns me on."
Im a girl btw dont hit on me u silly nerds
Lieutenant
# 58
01-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Honest Patch Notes:

*Nerfed all powers that benefit the player in any way. Sci Team actually reduces your shields, Eng Team damages your hull, and Tac Team causes your security team to blow **** up aboard your own ship. Haz Team will cause you to burst into flames. Aux Power abilities will set your power levels to Zero for 15 min.
LOL, LOL, LOL
themarie you make my day happy now
But not far from true game play
Republic Veteran
# 59
01-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmobrien View Post
I was speaking about the patch in the launcher. It's always 14GB - takes atleast 17 hours to patch up.
huh. Mine's never that big. You may want to visit the tech support forum.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Captain
# 60
01-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
*Buffed Borg LOLpedo to make even more unfair. All Borg torpedoes now do eleven trillion critical damage per shot, have unlimited rage and are utterly unstoppable. 2 second cooldown.
For some reason...I really want to see this in action
Closed Thread