Lt. Commander
# 41
01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh View Post
Congratulations to the winners ...

It would have been nice though to know beforehand that we could use the names of canon ships from the shows...

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/USS_Destiny
Is it ironic that most of us thought to check memory-alph and ex scientia astris before hitting the submit button...but Cryptic didn't?
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Congrats to the winners.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverElf4 View Post
Is it ironic that most of us thought to check memory-alph and ex scientia astris before hitting the submit button...but Cryptic didn't?
I think so. I had to pick about 15 names since all of mine were taken by other ships and other shows, so didn't want to have it denied due to Copyright protection. Guess I was wrong on both accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Quick question for my fellow STO enthusiasts. Do you see yourself at Tier 5, flying a lowly Dervish Class or a mighty Aries Class? I mean honestly, who among you actually thinks the name Dervish should have even been submitted? I completely understand Emissary as far as the cruiser goes, seeing as how we've had Constitution, Ambassador, Excelsior, Galaxy, and Sovereign as prominent cruiser classes. It's very fitting and I salute the submitee. Destiny Class fits a science vessel, even if I am a strong advocate for a historical earth explorer's name as something FAR more suitable. Ultimately, it's out of our hands. I can live with the names selected and I have no issue with the people who submitted them. As adults though, I think that the majority of us paying customers are not satisfied with Cryptic's vote. In the real world, majority votes win, I'm just saying ^_^.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
Congrats to those who won. The names fit perfectly.
Is that a joke??
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverElf4 View Post
How is this at all odd?

They've used Stargazer as a class designation already after all. Having a Destiny-class in the 25th century is reasonable enough; especially if the USS Destiny-A/B/C whatever happens to be of said class.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Dervish- (noun) - a member of any of various Muslim ascetic orders, as the Sufis, some of which carry on ecstatic observances, such as energetic dancing and whirling or vociferous chanting or shouting.

I mean...really?!
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Congrats to the winners. (^__^)
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
How is this at all odd?

They've used Stargazer as a class designation already after all. Having a Destiny-class in the 25th century is reasonable enough; especially if the USS Destiny-A/B/C whatever happens to be of said class.
My bad. I thought the purpose of the contest was to come up with new names for new ships.
Lt. Commander
# 50 Really Cryptic?! Really?!?!
01-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I just hope they put more thought and time into the game than they did picking these names... Again I'm not saying mine should have been picked but come on man... Really?!? Lets pray that the game shows more promise than these names...