Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Building 4 in the Market Area in Mine Trap is bugged insofar as it cannot be reinforced with building materials. It consumes the materials, but makes no change to its status, thus putting the players in the market zone at a disadvantage.

This was confirmed on multiple players, multiple toons
This was observed with teammates as well.
Career Officer
# 2
01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Guys - this is a serious issue to this mission; all too often I see the Market zone getting a beating because they can't reinforce that building.....
Lieutenant
# 3 Market place beating
01-08-2013, 10:31 AM
I think the term "market place beating" is an understatement. That zone seems to get consistently SLAUGHTERED. The problem is it trickles into other districts when it happens. I have seen folks survive, and actually keep that zone going, BUT they are usually at the top of thier game. Some of the other building #4s have shown this behavior. Mining zone i can confirm....at least they are not unleashing the "Elachi Vampires" anymore...you know the ones with force shields...
Career Officer
# 4
01-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avertyoureyess View Post
I think the term "market place beating" is an understatement. That zone seems to get consistently SLAUGHTERED. The problem is it trickles into other districts when it happens. I have seen folks survive, and actually keep that zone going, BUT they are usually at the top of thier game. Some of the other building #4s have shown this behavior. Mining zone i can confirm....at least they are not unleashing the "Elachi Vampires" anymore...you know the ones with force shields...
Wait, what? There was something above those gotdamned annoying Alphas?

The think about Market 4 is that it's the ONLY one that ALWAYS shows this behavior. it sucks because it saps resources from other buildings and it puts the players at a severe disadvantage. This should be an easy fix....
Lieutenant
# 5
01-14-2013, 09:04 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11&postcount=1

hopefully that link works. Yes there was a salt vampire called an Elachi. It came in an Alpha, Beta and Adult form. It also had force fields, AND sucked half your life on a mind drain. In Alpha form you needed all four players to drop one, AND they had a mob tactic so you wouldnt get just one. I stopped playing Mine Trap till it was fixed. They were only around for about two weeks. I think enough players stopped playing the mission or cryptic caught the error. Which leads me to ask why the building #4 error has not been addressed...
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-21-2013, 07:56 AM
I too REAAAALLLY hope they fix this bug and SOON!!! First couple times i noticed the issue i thought it was just a GFX thing, but after running Mine trap almost 100 times and realizeing that Market district is almost ALWAYS loosing at least one building,,, then haven people mention it in team chat during the mission,, its a bug. Hopefully cryptic will fix this bug and tweak a few other things about this mission.

1) the COWS REEAAALLLY need to stop sitting down so much.. i mean they are Remans and we all know Remans LOVE to just give up when they are runing for their lives, but come on,,, i mean 6 at a time just " plop" sitting down on there butts when there are salties all around them.. i would shoot the lazy bumbs myself if i could,,, or at least stun,,

2) Level out the 4 areas for bad guys a little bit. I know this may have more to do with skill of the team then the mechanics of the mission, however it could use a tweak.. ive run this mission SOOOO many times that it seems some sections get 200 salties to kill, while other sections get 50... Residential is an area that comes to mind.. not only is it difficult because of its size and shape, there are so many damned salties ,, sometimes the team just gives up!!!!!

3) and FINALLY: PLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE add in a mechanic to alert players when they have strayed from there beam in area.... if someone beams in in blue sector,, runs to orange, or red sector to fight the salties,, then blue team is automatically down a member! Now this may have been inential, and WOULD be a nice way to encourage "teamwork" IF... everyone had TEAM chat turned on.. SOOOOO... how about making it automatic where TEAM chat is turned on when you are on a team... This way i dont feel like im talking to myself when trying to run a missions like Salt Mine.

Anyhow, if anyone reads this,, AWESOME,, if not,, ive said my 2 Dilthium worth of words, so im oughty!
Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
The Devils Henchman
Career Officer
# 7
01-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Good points. I would also say that if you run to get building materials and hit cancel when you get the message, you LOSE the materials and they DONT go back to the bin. This can happen too easily if you're interrupted. Also, I think some boxes have more materials than others. ON top of that, I am of the opinion that there should be some overflow of materials just in case. Kinda like Ikea putting in an extra screw or two for assembling their bookshelves...

Back to the main point. Market getting hammered almost immediately puts Mining at risk due to the layout. The spillove from a failed market goes to the connecting zones.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2013, 07:18 AM
It would be nice if this issue was addressed in today's patch. I'm rolling the dice here to see if it'll happen. Also I like the idea of a little alert when you leave your beam-in area. I used to think it was my deodorant that made that one team-mate run off to the other side of town, but then it seemed somebody let their chimp have at the keyboard or something.