Ensign
So after raking through the Terms and Conditions of using and creating missions on the Foundry, I've ran into a quandry that doesn't seem to be covered by them. This is a problem as if I went ahead and it turned out to be a breach of terms, then that would be an awful mess.

Put simply, it's a rather important milestone in the mission (tenatively titled "Into the Penumbra") and it involves the player being pursued by, and eventually entering combat with the Enterprise-F.

Yes. F.

There's my problem.

The T&C says nothing on TV is allowed... the NCC-1701 and its successors -A through -E.

What about F?

Can we use that?
Career Officer
# 2
01-24-2013, 02:33 PM
I think it's been asked before and the answer is yes you can use it.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
You can use things that are in-game already and were developed for the game.

We'd have no props, maps, or NPCs at all if that were not the case, lol.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 4
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Also, if you have a question for the devs, the foundry forums are likely the worst possibile location for it, lol.
Lieutenant
# 5
01-24-2013, 03:29 PM
and you can use the old Enterprises just not allowed to use any characters that look like the actors on them.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34676144000&dateline=  1356220537
Ensign
# 6
01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryu View Post
and you can use the old Enterprises just not allowed to use any characters that look like the actors on them.
Out of topic digression: When I was hailed by the Enterprise-E, the portrait on screen wasn't the captain, Data, but some Andorian. I'm guessing that Brent Spiner hasn't granted Cryptic permission to use his face, so they used a workaround open to the rest of us.

BTW, who was the Androian -- is it Data's first officer or something?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
If it was an Andorian, you were probably hailed by the new Enterprise F, which is something created for this game. His name is Captain Shon I believe.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Captain
# 8
01-25-2013, 03:18 PM
I think branflakes, but one of the devs had a big question thread about the EULA.

Anything that is in game already is allowed. Ships from the show are allowed. Characters from the show are allowed. What is not allowed is making the characters look like their actors. So you could have Ambasssador Picard, but he can't look like Patrick Stewart.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Ensign
# 9
01-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
I think branflakes, but one of the devs had a big question thread about the EULA.

Anything that is in game already is allowed. Ships from the show are allowed. Characters from the show are allowed. What is not allowed is making the characters look like their actors. So you could have Ambasssador Picard, but he can't look like Patrick Stewart.
He could be wearing a MACO battlesuit with the opaque face mask. Or he could be unconscious and lying face down through the whole mission. Or Q could have turned him into a young version of his Aunt Adele. Or other, not-so-silly workarounds.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
01-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by svwilson View Post
He could be wearing a MACO battlesuit with the opaque face mask. Or he could be unconscious and lying face down through the whole mission. Or Q could have turned him into a young version of his Aunt Adele. Or other, not-so-silly workarounds.
Correct, although we don't have access to the MACO outfit in the Foundry...