Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
So, I am a F2P player, and since I have been logging so many hours into this game, I decided to support it by using some C-points in their store (but not for godawful gambling keys).

I purchased a B'rel retrofit, and had points leftover, so figured "what the hell", and bought the raptor refitting that came with the Bio-neural warhead.

So far, it has worked pretty well with the B'rel in pvp. I can 1-shot weaker ships, and can jump in with my Klingon buddies in a furball pretty well, as the turret on the bio-neural keeps the shield down on some bigger ships.

My question though, is if Torpedo High Yield has any effect on this thing or not. Has anybody run some tests on it? I'm wondering if I would have better results with a regular tricobalt lauched at near point blank with THY3.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I dont think it has any effect but you can try it yourself. Just go into any space map, have the Bio-neural warhead equipped and then hover over the weapon icon. Look at its dmg and effects and then activate High-yield torpedo, if you see any change then it does effect it, if nothing happens then it doesn't effect it.

And why did you by the B'rel? its sooo.... squishy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan118 View Post
I dont think it has any effect but you can try it yourself. Just go into any space map, have the Bio-neural warhead equipped and then hover over the weapon icon. Look at its dmg and effects and then activate High-yield torpedo, if you see any change then it does effect it, if nothing happens then it doesn't effect it.

And why did you by the B'rel? its sooo.... squishy.
Thanks, I didn't know you could do that. No idea the tooltip stats were updated on the fly.

I got the B'rel mostly because I like the looks of it, but still wanted 4 frontal weapon slots. Now that I have it, I am enjoying the challenge of making the most of it's signature ability. I haven't had durability issues in pvp, as I pick and choose my targets. PVE has been very challenging though because of it. Stick with my carrier for that now.

More on tricobalts: I have heard it is difficult to land them sometimes in pvp. Is there any way to improve these prospects. If I can land these with regularity, I will probably go with them over the bioneural if THY is indeed having no effect.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2012, 05:27 PM
The easiest way to check is to press "p" and check the weapon's entry on the right. Not only will it list the stats as they are in relation to your ship at that second, but it also describes anything like the effect high yield or rapid fire will have on it as well. It's good for checking just how much aux buffs a science power, or how much DPS you get at full alpha with one weapon loadout vs another.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Well you're in a B'rel. So you shouldn't have a problem with landing torps. And tricobalts do get a modifier from torpedo powers. It's all in the timing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2012, 08:33 PM
The Bio neural does not gain anything with HYT or TS. I like to use it so i don't have to slot a Boff skill to make it effective.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 12:21 AM
If you fire a tricobalt point blank, and if you are in a B'rel, you will most likely blow yourself up. I have the bio-neural on my B'rel in the aft(the other slot a turret) and I like it. The cannon on the bio is good for taking down mines and such, because of the AI it will automatically target a new target if the old one is destroyed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 04:37 AM
Remember the BioNeural has a minimum launch distance and will not launch closer than 2.5 km I think, so Point Blank delivery may be difficult.
Also worth noting is that all your Tactical buffs effect the BioNueral as well as heals and the like so you can buff it up and protect it in flight in that manner.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Iíve been using the Bio-Neural Warhead with my Marauder Beam Boat. (KDF Tactical)

The Warhead packs quite the punch.

IMO if youíre going to run with the Bio-Neural Warhead on a BOP or a Raptor then you should run another Quantum or Photon with it so you can use your torpedo skills.

The cool down seems quite long on the Bio.

If I were using the Brel Refit I think my weapon setup would go something like this:

Fore: Dual Heavy, Bio-Neural, Quantum, Dual Heavy
Aft: Turret, Photon Torp, Turret
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
So I did some testing with the bioneural and a tricobalt xi (dmgx2) today.

My b'rel is skirted with 1 warhead yield console, and 2 tricobalt torp consoles.

The bioneural does not get high yield, but has a higher base damage. With all buffs, my damage was listed at about 51k damage.

The tricobalt does get high yield, and with similar buffs, gets about 55k damage.

However, the bioneural, with power directed into my weapons, and buffer up, gets over 1500 dps from it's point defense turret enroute to target. This, along with the shields, and better flight speed than a heavy tricobalt, makes the bioneural the better choice in my eyes. My b'rel has been one-shotting dudes left and right, without needing to get close enough for science ships to detect me.