Lieutenant
Is this some kind of an early april fools joke? 200 lobi for 50 crew recovery rate? Lol
Captain
# 2
01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Can you list the full stats if you have time? Or a screen shot of them?
Lieutenant
# 3
01-24-2013, 01:11 PM
XI: http://imageupload.co.uk/files/cbctb95ug8aeihxp3sun.jpg

XII: http://imageupload.co.uk/files/8yd48vjmt5jpfmobq1ok.jpg

Extremely minimal shield buff, wasnt even +50 crew recovery rate, lol, Not even +2 to deflector stats, impulse doesnt change. Guessing the set bonus is upped by a minimal amount.

Worth 200 lobi? Check these stats and decide before you take the dive.
Republic Veteran
# 4
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Pretty much all XI->XIIs and T5-T5.5 upgrades are a ~7% upgrade at an disproportionately high price (including consoles, weapons, and fleet ships).

I think this is a good design. It's a little boost for the people who have run out things to do, and completely optional part of the game for everyone else.
Captain
# 5
01-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks, they look comparable to the romulan/reman set.

Basically JUNK compared to maco/omega/borg sadly. Is the +polaron damage boost a bit higher at least?
Starfleet Veteran
Literally it is like 20 + dollars for the MK XII version, and the increase is meaningless. It is +100 to shields and 1.5 to the deflector modifiers.

Is there something I missed about this? Basically making customers pay for an additional I in the name.

The Jem shield hasn't been worthwhile since its initial release, why is it getting shafted again? Maco Shield is dominating everything, can't you make jem space set shields compete with it? and maybe make the decloaking skill on the set... work more effectively? It isn't like it is going to hurt game balance or anything and you are making customers pay through the nose for it anyway.

Fortunately I was experienced enough to check the stats before purchasing, not so many will have that luxury.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Lieutenant
# 7
01-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Any worth in the Ground set ? I quite like using it on my KDF Cardassian and woundering if the investment in lobi will be worth it?
Captain
# 8
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Thing is the stats are not the the upgrade thing so people cant know what the upgrade is or has.Thats not even a sale trick...its just cheap trading like the type of trading we see on streets in less developed countries (no PWE origins pun intended)
Captain
# 9
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
The ground armor is supposed to have an appropriate Jem'Hadar look to it so it might be worth it for that reason alone. Although the look is only available when the armor is equipped.
Republic Veteran
# 10
01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Thing is the stats are not the the upgrade thing so people cant know what the upgrade is or has.Thats not even a sale trick...its just cheap trading like the type of trading we see on streets in less developed countries (no PWE origins pun intended)
I think it is less of a sales trick and more of a development cost thing.

It's a development cost thing and not a simple matter of changing the tooltip on the requisistion because item stats tend to change depending on whether you're on the ground, what ship you're currently flying, and your current power levels.