Ensign
Let's give Perfect World/Cryptic an idea how much $ they have lost, post here if you were planning on purchasing the Delta pack, but decided NOT to because of their actions.

Better yet, state if you plan on EVER spending $ on this game again.

I for one, will NOT be spending any more $ on this game.
Career Officer
# 2
10-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Can we post if we really don't care?
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. For specific reasons why and suggestions for future improvements to STO, please look here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Career Officer
# 3
10-22-2014, 10:46 AM
I have no need to spend money on this game. Im just here to have fun....even my life time sub was a gift
Career Officer
# 4
10-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Well, I decided not to, but not for any malice or dissatisfaction towards Cryptic. I just didn't want a bunch more ships I'll never use sitting around. I've got too many of those already from my earlier years playing the game. Besides, I'll pay less overall just buying the two or three ships I want.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
10-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Bought it on the first day. The missions and maps are stellar (XP and difficutly not so much).
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amronhass View Post
Let's give Perfect World/Cryptic an idea how much $ they have lost, post here if you were planning on purchasing the Delta pack, but decided NOT to because of their actions.

Better yet, state if you plan on EVER spending $ on this game again.

I for one, will NOT be spending any more $ on this game.
I never understood the logic behind these kinds of threads... only because (in the context of donations, which is the exact opposite but can be used in THIS context) bragging about something that is better worth being kept out of the forum only works to feed the ego of the person who speaks it. $0.02
WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
Captain
# 7
10-22-2014, 10:50 AM
No reason to- I don't play fed toons and KDF gets no lovin from the devs.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 8
10-22-2014, 10:51 AM
might would have got the pack had it had more than 2 rom ship should have been called fed DR pack ask for spending money had to say with cryptic nerf batting any and every thing here of late
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 9
10-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Can we post if we really don't care?

You already post.. so it seems that it is important for you.

Anyway, I wont buy any pack, not after the DR fiasco.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-22-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm on the fence on this one, think the DR Bundle is "NOT" worth its weight in gold. The simple fact that they kept adding to it just to generate sales should tell you how unpopular this bundle set is, almost comparable to the Dyson Solanae MEGA ship pack.

The ships are unoriginal, basically flatten version of existing ones or uninspiring looking, not aesthetically appealing. The Guardian class and the canon Dauntless class are the only real eye openers for me, everything else is toilet crap in design and concept. The intelligence uniform are by far one of the worst design ever, while the Talaxian outfits are simply not popular enough to keep one interested.

Then there is the matter of the three free ship upgrade tokens, which in my opinion should have been 4 for such a large investment. Since 4 tokens are valued at 20 bucks. I guess my real gripe is that my past CStore purchases are nullified by both the new concepts and Cryptic's desire to generate more ships sales.

Let's face it folks, there are no more canon designs to make ships out of, what we have here is Cryptic's wonderland designs which are becoming uglier by the minute. A poster mentioned the game cease to be Star Trek a long time ago and has become a Frankenstein mishmash of a sci fi genre, loosely based off other popular sci fi games, Star Trek among them.

Going back to the OP original question, it is becoming harder and harder for me to invest in ships etc... not because I cannot afford it, but because of Cryptic's direction with the game and its sole bait, which are ships, and they are running out of those quickly.

Expect a few remaining canon vessels to hit the lineup, but mainly from kitbash types and/or concept designs. From here on out are Cryptic's own design types which steal from the original canon types, basically giving you more of the same but re-skins in disguised.

That sci stealth vessel is ugly as sin, and it is a re-skin of earlier designs, look harder.

A note to Cryptic -> If you really want to venture outside the box, then experiment with new designs, Trek ships do not necessarily have to have two nacelles, nor Klingon vessels need to be vorcha looking all the time. Do not be afraid to test the waters with new design types, new geometry types and not rely on the same old based mold.

Examples of new design models are:

Typhon Carrier design

Valkyrie fighter design, but on a ship like bigger scale, etc...

Some folks will hate me for saying this but even the new BSG design for heavy cruisers etc.. Though I do not want the Battlestar exactly as is, just saying, general designs, heck invent your own in shape and form.

Small examples and probably bad ones, but at least they aren't totally Trek typical.

Last edited by stark2k; 10-22-2014 at 11:11 AM.