Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,500
# 91
01-25-2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Because it costs $60?
Welcome to STO, Lobi store is overpriced. C-Store lost its value to PWE, Zen are pretty easy to come by,so came the Lobi store.

When (if) Lobi crystals abound, a new store will appear.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,274
# 92
01-25-2013, 05:11 AM
This is one reason why I never bother upgrading some of these sets to XI or XII because there is no justification in the stats for the requirements imposed on the person trying to get them. If Cryptic wants people to go after them they need to quit doing this massive nerf or low statting to begin with and then trying to make boat loads of money off of no improvement or very little.

This first happened with the orion ship we had interceptors built into the orion marauder and then they took those away from that ship making ppl who paid for it have to pay something else just to reobtain what they already have. Then they said well you can get slavers for free instead which then they turned around and put d-store ones up that they said would be more beneficial to buy but yet I can only get like maybe 2 contraband a month out of them. Yea I'm not an advocate of this give you one thing and then make you re-grind it to get it again or like this jem hadar set that costs tons of lobi but yet no boost for that.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
# 93
01-25-2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
So you are advocating pure p2w?

I just want to make sure.......
He is not advocating anything. This isn't a free game set, it cost us cash and we expect something comperable to the investment.
Once we get it, what do we see?
That what we thought was going to make a sizable difference is really nothing special.
That there was no substanial visual upgrade for social status.
That would rather have the Lobi back and they can keep the existing MK XI sets we lost. We will just grind another set and call it fair enough.
That we were taken advantage of.

We can see that they went through a lot of trouble designing these sets so they stay under Aegis, MACO, and Omega. What I don't understand is why. This set didn't come grinding, this set didn't come from mission running, the crafting system, or a reputation system. It came from our wallets with direct purchase for as many keys as it took me to get to 200 Lobi.
I really expected more, but the saddest part is that I don't know why...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,007
# 94
01-25-2013, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
So you are advocating pure p2w?

I just want to make sure.......
LOL nice try!

Everything in the game can be purchased by converting Zen to Dil.

To get the Jem Upgrade you would need around 150 lobi crystals. Let's say 5 per box, so that's 30 boxes = 30 keys, at the normal price that's 3375 Zen or at an exchange rate of 90:1 that's 303750 Dil. The level cap is 8K dil per day which means with one toon it will take you 40 days of grinding just to get that set.

So however you look at it, whether you pay for it with cash or by grinding for nearly 6 weeks, you are working hard at it, very hard, it requires far more Dilithium than the Reputation acquired MACO sets for example and yet after all that we get a space set that blatently sucks in every area. It is not as good as any of the reputation sets which cost far less to grind. The only advantage is that as you are opening all those boxes with all those keys you will get other items, hell you may even roll a ship or two, but there's a chance all you'll get are lobi and minidoff packs.

So I expect it to perform, and perform very very well for the cost.


Join Us www.srs-fleet.net
Your Ramming Speed III deals 297019 (421248) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Lusankya
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 95
01-25-2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdeadman View Post
I really expected more, but the saddest part is that I don't know why...
Let's make it clear then. If the devs bring pay to win to the game, it will be even easier. The game is incredibly easy. More OP sets would mean that they need to make PvE tougher, which would require a lot of work and improved free gear anyway, or it would mean leaving it as it is and see people quitting the game just because they have no challenge to overcome, nothing else/better they can get by playing the game.

What happens when you put the best gear in stores? People buy it, they enjoy it for a month maybe and then see that they have nothing to do, that the free stuff will remain inferior, that endgame content is boring thanks to "i win button" and slowly quit playing. This isn't a good strategy IMO.

Asking for better stats isn't reasonable because Cryptic can do this but it means killing the game or making tremendous efforts for a very small revenue. Balancing a game around new gear and new ships won't take a week or so...

Insead the price could be lowered on such sets in the future if people don't buy it and explain why on the forums. Of course if it's just nerdrage and whines don't expect anything but if you start thinking that if it's not worth it you won't buy it then it's ok and the store will be improved (at least if enough people don't buy the stuff).

That's what happened with keys yesterday, people said politely and with many arguments that the tactical carrier was a pure crap on the forums, and ta-dah, a key sale happened a day after.

Last edited by diogene0; 01-25-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12
In the lobi store for 200 crys. you can buy the MK12 Jem set with this "dominion circuitry" upgrade. You must have all 3 pieces of the Mk11.

Anybody get it?

I can't find stats on it.

Any extra powers besides the pol + insl + anti pro. sweep?

Thanks,
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 461
# 97
01-25-2013, 06:04 AM
Unfortunately its pretty much identical to the Mk XI... its not worth the pixels its shown upon.
another thread here - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=524761


RachelJ88
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,007
# 98
01-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Let's make it clear then. If the devs bring pay to win to the game, it will be even easier. The game is incredibly easy. More OP sets would mean that they need to make PvE tougher, which would require a lot of work and improved free gear anyway, or it would mean leaving it as it is and see people quitting the game just because they have no challenge to overcome, nothing else/better they can get by playing the game.

What happens when you put the best gear in stores? People buy it, they enjoy it for a month maybe and then see that they have nothing to do, that the free stuff will remain inferior, that endgame content is boring thanks to "i win button" and slowly quit playing. This isn't a good strategy IMO.

Asking for better stats isn't reasonable because Cryptic can do this but it means killing the game or making tremendous efforts for a very small revenue. Balancing a game around new gear and new ships won't take a week or so...

Insead the price could be lowered on such sets in the future if people don't buy it and explain why on the forums. Of course if it's just nerdrage and whines don't expect anything but if you start thinking that if it's not worth it you won't buy it then it's ok and the store will be improved (at least if enough people don't buy the stuff).

That's what happened with keys yesterday, people said politely and with many arguments that the tactical carrier was a pure crap on the forums, and ta-dah, a key sale happened a day after.
They usually have a key sale when they release a lock box, it gets people rolling, they see they have almost enough lobi and they continue to buy even after the sale ends.

I agree with much of what you say, and rather than raising the awesomeness of the sets they need to set a realistic price, instead of 150 lobi it should be 50 or maybe even less. As it stands the only people that will buy it will be those with more money than sense and those without the sense to check the stats first.


Join Us www.srs-fleet.net
Your Ramming Speed III deals 297019 (421248) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Lusankya
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 99
01-25-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
its not worth the pixels its shown upon.
Lol. Nothing to add, just lol.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 100
01-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
Unfortunately its pretty much identical to the Mk XI... its not worth the pixels its shown upon.
another thread here - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=524761


RachelJ88

I concur with redricky.

It can't be said any better than that.


This set was sub-standard to begin with, and now you can purchase for hundreds of lobi the same set with a 1% increase?




Quote:
Originally Posted by rachej88
its not worth the pixels its shown upon.
I had to quote it twice.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 AM.