Career Officer
# 101
01-25-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
LOL nice try!

Everything in the game can be purchased by converting Zen to Dil.

To get the Jem Upgrade you would need around 150 lobi crystals. Let's say 5 per box, so that's 30 boxes = 30 keys, at the normal price that's 3375 Zen or at an exchange rate of 90:1 that's 303750 Dil. The level cap is 8K dil per day which means with one toon it will take you 40 days of grinding just to get that set.

So however you look at it, whether you pay for it with cash or by grinding for nearly 6 weeks, you are working hard at it, very hard, it requires far more Dilithium than the Reputation acquired MACO sets for example and yet after all that we get a space set that blatently sucks in every area. It is not as good as any of the reputation sets which cost far less to grind. The only advantage is that as you are opening all those boxes with all those keys you will get other items, hell you may even roll a ship or two, but there's a chance all you'll get are lobi and minidoff packs.

So I expect it to perform, and perform very very well for the cost.
It was wasn't it

In the end though, you got what you paid for, a Mk12 version of those sets. had the tool tip said "this is the best set in the game, much better than any other set" then you would have a case.
Just because it cost lobi, and therefore real money (if you were silly enough to do that) it is still not a reason to make it an uber set.
From what I hear, the ground set Armour has better resists than the Mk12 Omega set.

Same goes for the federation space suit, it costs 700zen per character, but is not much different than the ones easily got ingame.
Captain
# 102
01-25-2013, 06:52 AM
I don't think people expected the best set in the game, but if you're going to pay a lot of money for a set, you kind of expect it to do what it says on the tin -- parity with the other endgame sets.

Personally, while I will never bother spending this money/time to get the upgrade, I wish it was on par with the other sets, simply for variety. More choices and more paths to them = good.
Career Officer
# 103
01-25-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm stunned by these two sets.

They created this lobi store to add value to the lockboxes wouldn't feel cheated, and then put in the ultimate cheat by creating sets with marginal increases that mean nothing in actual play for 150 lobi?

This is a buyer beware item, and a ripoff that has clear intent dupe the unwary.

Career Officer
# 104
01-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Way to go Cryptic! Get everyone's hopes and dreams up to only have it all come crashing down. The Jem set is a joke. You only need 2 pieces if you use polaron. The shields are as good as ground shields. They have a cool skin look to them but that is it. At least boost them up more to what they should be. The Jem shield doesn't even begin to compare to the mkxi omega at mkxii. So much for taking my money! Also some of you forget that f2p is really p2w. Without yours, mine and that dude's cash sto wouldn't be around anymore. If you want us to spend some zen then make it worth our wild.
Delicious!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 105
01-25-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Let's make it clear then. If the devs bring pay to win to the game, it will be even easier. The game is incredibly easy. More OP sets would mean that they need to make PvE tougher, which would require a lot of work and improved free gear anyway, or it would mean leaving it as it is and see people quitting the game just because they have no challenge to overcome, nothing else/better they can get by playing the game.

What happens when you put the best gear in stores? People buy it, they enjoy it for a month maybe and then see that they have nothing to do, that the free stuff will remain inferior, that endgame content is boring thanks to "i win button" and slowly quit playing. This isn't a good strategy IMO.

Asking for better stats isn't reasonable because Cryptic can do this but it means killing the game or making tremendous efforts for a very small revenue. Balancing a game around new gear and new ships won't take a week or so...

Insead the price could be lowered on such sets in the future if people don't buy it and explain why on the forums. Of course if it's just nerdrage and whines don't expect anything but if you start thinking that if it's not worth it you won't buy it then it's ok and the store will be improved (at least if enough people don't buy the stuff).

That's what happened with keys yesterday, people said politely and with many arguments that the tactical carrier was a pure crap on the forums, and ta-dah, a key sale happened a day after.

I didn't say pay to win anywhere in my post. I think you inferred that. So let me state it again with more clarity.
What I said is that this set is subpar to Aegis, MACO, and Omega in which two of these come in MK XII configuration. Closer inspection will reveal that I also said the Devs put effort to make it subpar. Each increase is a strict precentage, but not standard across the board.
What you can safely infer, without risk, is that I am saying the JH MK XII set should be on par with those other MK XII sets, not better. What would have been the point of everybody stopping what they were doing, purchasing keys to give money to Cryptic, to get this set as a MK XII if it wasn't? Honestly, who wants to pay for mediocrity? Excluding Cryptic who obvisouly expects it.
Lastly, I state that I am not sure why I thought the Devs would try to make this set on par with other MK XII kits, when I knew better.
What we have now is the MK XI kit we should have had originally that is almost on par with the Aegis, but it labeled MK XII, for some unexplainable reason.

Last edited by cletusdeadman; 01-25-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 106
01-25-2013, 07:11 AM
I understand almost everyones frustrations with the almost complete and utter woefulness of the Mk XII Jemmy set.

all I'll say, is what I said in this thread;
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=525581
^that thread has been moved to here, I can't have any shiny moments! Darn It!

Its not worth the pixels its shown upon.

RachelJ88

Last edited by rachelj88; 01-25-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 107
01-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Could it be they are leaving room to add a dominion reputation and subsequent ground and space gear sets? I would assume that rep gear would trump lobi gear after all the resources that would be required to level a rep. Just a thought.
Captain
# 108
01-25-2013, 07:37 AM
Place your best now on when bran (or bort) roll in and announce that the stat's are currently a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
Could it be they are leaving room to add a dominion reputation and subsequent ground and space gear sets? I would assume that rep gear would trump lobi gear after all the resources that would be required to level a rep. Just a thought.
More like they are leaving room for a 400 lobi upgrade to the "improved" MKXII... THAT WILL BE SOOO AWESOME FOR THE HIGH END CONTENT. lulz.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 110
01-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Hello STO'ers!

Figured I'd pop in and shed some light on the subject... The feedback we've gotten on these new features has been helpful (despite the hostility of some of it), and we've taken some time to improve the features a bit.

Before I detail the improvements we'll be making, I'd like to remind players that we still intend for STF/Omega and Starbase/Embassy gear to be superior in scope to items that can be obtained from Missions and/or Lobi Store. It's possible that our original blog was worded in a way that could easily be misinterpreted to mean otherwise, but it was not our intent to imply that the Jem'Hadar Mk XII upgrades would end up having similar stats/bonuses/procs to Omega & Fleet gear. Our intent was, instead, simply to allow this gear to remain somewhat competitive in our more difficult end-game content. It's an upgrade, not a fundamental re-design.

With that in mind, here's a list of some of the changes to the Jem'Hadar Space Set that've been made internally, and should appear with next week's update:

- Lobi Price on Space Set upgrade reduced from 200 to 150, to match with other Set Upgrade item prices.
- Space Shield has received more Capacity and Regen rate.
- Space Deflector's Stealth-related bonuses have been doubled.
- Space Engine's Weapon Power bonus has been doubled (just the static buff, not the Efficient part)
- Dominion Synergy (2pc Bonus) has had its bonuses increased by 50%.
- Antiproton Sweep will now disable Cloaks for longer (12sec, vs 10sec), drain more Shields per use (approx 20% increase), and recharges faster (90sec vs 120sec).
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...