Career Officer
# 151
01-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjokruhlica View Post
Don't hold your breath. You might turn Andorian blue.
Well they need to do something, or I'll turn orion green
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Republic Veteran
# 152 jem hadar upgrades
01-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Thanks Borticus! i appreciate Cryptic bending an ear and adjusting things
gojo.
Captain
# 153
01-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azntrigboi View Post
Honestly, it's probably not going to happen.
They should refund. It's not like it's been prices at 200 LOBI for years and years. It just a matter of days.

That's upwards of $10 of price difference. Yeah, yeah I know you can get they keys for Energy. But no matter how convoluted the conversion path, the keys ultimately have to be purchased with Zen which is really money. They is how Lobi which be viewed in terms of the price changes.
Lieutenant
# 154
01-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Hello STO'ers!

Figured I'd pop in and shed some light on the subject... The feedback we've gotten on these new features has been helpful (despite the hostility of some of it), and we've taken some time to improve the features a bit.

Before I detail the improvements we'll be making, I'd like to remind players that we still intend for STF/Omega and Starbase/Embassy gear to be superior in scope to items that can be obtained from Missions and/or Lobi Store. It's possible that our original blog was worded in a way that could easily be misinterpreted to mean otherwise, but it was not our intent to imply that the Jem'Hadar Mk XII upgrades would end up having similar stats/bonuses/procs to Omega & Fleet gear. Our intent was, instead, simply to allow this gear to remain somewhat competitive in our more difficult end-game content. It's an upgrade, not a fundamental re-design.

With that in mind, here's a list of some of the changes to the Jem'Hadar Space Set that've been made internally, and should appear with next week's update:

- Lobi Price on Space Set upgrade reduced from 200 to 150, to match with other Set Upgrade item prices.
- Space Shield has received more Capacity and Regen rate.
- Space Deflector's Stealth-related bonuses have been doubled.
- Space Engine's Weapon Power bonus has been doubled (just the static buff, not the Efficient part)
- Dominion Synergy (2pc Bonus) has had its bonuses increased by 50%.
- Antiproton Sweep will now disable Cloaks for longer (12sec, vs 10sec), drain more Shields per use (approx 20% increase), and recharges faster (90sec vs 120sec).
While this does make it slightly more worth it's cost, I would still never buy it. Mostly because I'm not going to spend any time or any of my numerous in-game or out-of-game currencies for any space set that doesn't let me exceed warp ten. Without that, any engine is pure rubbish in my opinion. Sector space travel is already far too slow without fitting gimped engines, so I don't consider any engines that limit you to warp 10 competitive in any way.
Captain
# 155
01-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbenamage View Post
While this does make it slightly more worth it's cost, I would still never buy it. Mostly because I'm not going to spend any time or any of my numerous in-game or out-of-game currencies for any space set that doesn't let me exceed warp ten. Without that, any engine is pure rubbish in my opinion. Sector space travel is already far too slow without fitting gimped engines, so I don't consider any engines that limit you to warp 10 competitive in any way.
Yes sector space is so slow but you know you could switch engines during sector space travel if you want to move faster wile using the set for the missions.
Captain
# 156
01-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Good point about the engines. There's really no reason any endgame set wouldn't give good sector speed -- I mean, it's mostly a QOL improvement/reward for being high level, really.
Career Officer
# 157
01-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbenamage View Post
Just out of curiosity, what dose sector space travel have to do with being competitive? Besides, I keep the borg set on my shuttle, so I could swap them in seconds, while moving.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Captain
# 158
01-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Why? Not all players like to be in a fleet or to play STFs but would like the chance to be able to get an End Game Set that doesn't require these prerequisites (I speak as the fleet leader of SRS so clearly I am thinking of others here not myself as I already have all the STF gear)
If you choose not to get a flu vaccination and then end up getting the flu whos fault is that?

You have to take the negatives of your choices along with the positives.
Career Officer
# 159
01-26-2013, 06:42 AM
It's interesting that you change the cost of an item so those that got caught out lose out. Any chance we'll get that lost lobi back please? If this were sale price I'd say okay despite the item only being out 1 day a sale can occur anytime (despite Cryptic never having new items on sale so soon) but it's not it's the non-sale cost. It doesn't sound right to charge everyone 200 lobi then cut it to 150 just a day later especially when you don't show the stats of the items in advance. 50 lobi is still 50 lobi to me and since was my first dip in the lobi store pool I'll refrain from buying anything more so what little added incentive I had for opening boxes is no longer there.

An issue that's been done to death but another big reason why I'll quit on lockboxes in short. Opened plenty of boxes and got nothing but others seem to be getting a whole fleet. Never was a fan of the lockbox and after learning how bad it was I stopped paying my money but after this latest round I'll stop grinding for them too and either grind a little less or save it for the rest of the game which itself is a grindfest.
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.

Last edited by vsilverwings1; 01-26-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Ensign
# 160
01-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Hello STO'ers!

Figured I'd pop in and shed some light on the subject... The feedback we've gotten on these new features has been helpful (despite the hostility of some of it), and we've taken some time to improve the features a bit.

Before I detail the improvements we'll be making, I'd like to remind players that we still intend for STF/Omega and Starbase/Embassy gear to be superior in scope to items that can be obtained from Missions and/or Lobi Store. It's possible that our original blog was worded in a way that could easily be misinterpreted to mean otherwise, but it was not our intent to imply that the Jem'Hadar Mk XII upgrades would end up having similar stats/bonuses/procs to Omega & Fleet gear. Our intent was, instead, simply to allow this gear to remain somewhat competitive in our more difficult end-game content. It's an upgrade, not a fundamental re-design.

With that in mind, here's a list of some of the changes to the Jem'Hadar Space Set that've been made internally, and should appear with next week's update:

- Lobi Price on Space Set upgrade reduced from 200 to 150, to match with other Set Upgrade item prices.
- Space Shield has received more Capacity and Regen rate.
- Space Deflector's Stealth-related bonuses have been doubled.
- Space Engine's Weapon Power bonus has been doubled (just the static buff, not the Efficient part)
- Dominion Synergy (2pc Bonus) has had its bonuses increased by 50%.
- Antiproton Sweep will now disable Cloaks for longer (12sec, vs 10sec), drain more Shields per use (approx 20% increase), and recharges faster (90sec vs 120sec).
Wow...did you guys miss anything when you finally tuned on that rarely used Buff-machine for this set? With the changes you agree was needed, there was no way in hell we should have misinterpreted the write-up in the original blog or assumed otherwise...