Career Officer
# 11
01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Did anyone notice that the mk XII engines price is no different than the mk XI's?

Could they have forgotten to change the details and the engine is somewhat better?

Higher power to weapons, better turnrate and speed.... would the set be worth it then? Especially if fitted on the flying brick carrier?
Click link at right and add your support!
Captain
# 12
01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag View Post
I think it is less of a sales trick and more of a development cost thing.

It's a development cost thing and not a simple matter of changing the tooltip on the requisistion because item stats tend to change depending on whether you're on the ground, what ship you're currently flying, and your current power levels.

if you cant afford to sell something dont sell.You dont see me selling Roll Royce cars.
Career Officer
# 13
01-24-2013, 02:02 PM
This is crap. The upgradeable Environmental suit at least adds something - this "upgrade" doesn't add jack and isn't worth the expenditure. It needs a SERIOUS boost.

Didn't the Lockbox Blog say something to the effect of making it "on par with other endgame sets"?
Career Officer
It doesn't add squat worth mentioning and adds an "I" to it, that's all. No worthy boost in performance. So you get a costume. Whooptie-frakkimn-do.

What a waste of an opportunity here - they coulda made a very interesting set on the cheap.

-ABM
Career Officer
# 15
01-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophere View Post
Did anyone notice that the mk XII engines price is no different than the mk XI's?

Could they have forgotten to change the details and the engine is somewhat better?

Higher power to weapons, better turnrate and speed.... would the set be worth it then? Especially if fitted on the flying brick carrier?
Engines always seem bugged. The first time I played, I remember comparing Mk IX with Mk XI, and the tool-tip was exactly the same. In system space the Mk XI was faster and turned better though (reflected in the ship status screen).

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
01-24-2013, 02:08 PM
that and the costume is stuck on the armor....so you can't put your boffs in it unless you buy several or put them i nthe armor.

Last edited by thay8472; 01-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
01-24-2013, 02:09 PM
I was referring to the space set...but yeah...
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
I was referring to the space set...but yeah...
ohh, my bad soz. I assumed ground from the "so you get a costume" part.
Lieutenant
# 19
01-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Jem space set upgrade is not worth the lobi. Less than 200 added to shields and same engine stamped with Mk XII. I wasted my lobi. Will not even consider buying the ground upgrade. Huge disappointment.
Republic Veteran
# 20 Oh My!!! What a Let Down!!
01-24-2013, 02:24 PM
What can i say.....i hate to chime here and speak...but really...what a let down....was expecting something at least "DECENT" lol

And another great way to blow things Cryptic, everytime you get a chance to do good by your players, you seem to just blow it..why?????????
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."