Rihannsu
# 11
01-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Import Costume? Maybe not...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjskylynx View Post
The T&C says nothing on TV is allowed...
That is false. In fact, you have it backwards. You can use anything from the TV series and movies(before ST09), with the one exception of actor likenesses. You can use Picard the character, but you cant make him resemble Patrick Stewart the actor who played him. But as far as famous ships, you can in fact use them. Proof here:

Quote:
1. Can we use the names of ships from any show/ movie? For example, show a Defiant class vessel called U.S.S. Defiant, or a Galaxy class ship named U.S.S. Enterprise? Not talking about showing anyone from the crew, just the ship itself.

Nothing in the EULA prevents this. Please refer to the EULA for a list of Star Trek properties
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=271084

Last edited by betawatcher; 01-25-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
01-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by svwilson View Post
He could be wearing a MACO battlesuit with the opaque face mask. Or he could be unconscious and lying face down through the whole mission. Or Q could have turned him into a young version of his Aunt Adele. Or other, not-so-silly workarounds.
IIRC someone even made a mission called "The Inner Darkness" which features Ambassador Picard wearing a VISOR to partly conceal his face.
Commander
# 14
01-28-2013, 06:36 AM
With any Legal issue its a grey area.
Even though the rules are 'You can't use the likness of Actors', it's still OK to make a character that looks nothing like the Actor; just like Spock, Mkcoy and Scotty in STO.
However we are told not to use these characters at all, I'm assuming just encase.

I got a mission in development that has a cameo by a reprogrammed Lore, I got around the Likness issue by giving him a slightly differant face and saying him saying he wanted to change his face after he heard his Brother died, then after he got revived he got accustomed to the new features.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES