Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
# 1 Altering allegiences
01-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Heyo. Donno if this has already been beaten to death or what, as I'm new to the foundry and the forums, but I created my first mission over the last couple of days; huge fan of how it works and how intuitive the interface is, but I was deflated to discover that my plot idea was completely trashed by the inability to alter actor allegiances.

What I mean is, the ability to make Fed and Klink NPCs work together appears to be absent.

A team option that overrides the targeting and assist AI by manually input parameters would be pretty cool. For example, assign Starfleet and Klingon to team 1, assign Borg to team 2. Team 1 NPCs are friendly to eachother, and hostile to Team 2 NPCs.

Or perhaps just let us set this team override option on individual encounters/actors. That'd be neat.

Giving combat / follow behaviors to NPC contacts would be cool, too. Like, you know, the Founder and Eraun from "Facility 4028". Preferably with project costume support. For space, as well. Such as the U.S.S Enterprise and U.S.S. Defiant in "Boldly they Rode"

Can't finish my plot without these features, which sucks.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,037
# 2
01-12-2013, 01:08 PM
You can technically get different factions to work together by placing a Federation mob and reskinning the actors to look like Klingon ships. However, they still have the weapons and abilities of a Fed ship.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,475
# 3
01-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyecolyo View Post
Heyo. Donno if this has already been beaten to death or what, as I'm new to the foundry and the forums, but I created my first mission over the last couple of days; huge fan of how it works and how intuitive the interface is, but I was deflated to discover that my plot idea was completely trashed by the inability to alter actor allegiances.

What I mean is, the ability to make Fed and Klink NPCs work together appears to be absent.
You can reskin a friendly mob as KDF to get them to work together. Please check out my new tutorial series (New! Primetime UGC Back to Basics, 1 though 5, with part 6 coming soon)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 4
01-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Really wish we could set allegiance, though, for the afore-mentioned issues with powers.

I mean, what if you want a friendly devidian helping you out?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
# 5
01-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
You can reskin a friendly mob as KDF to get them to work together. Please check out my new tutorial series (New! Primetime UGC Back to Basics, 1 though 5, with part 6 coming soon)

Starfleet vessels with disruptors. Lovely.

Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: All said and done, my first publish is up. search Shades of Grey in new review content. Gonna start playing more foundry missions to get a grip on what this tool can really do.

EDIT: The mission is KDF, I should've mentioned.

Last edited by skyecolyo; 01-12-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 115
# 6
01-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyecolyo View Post
Starfleet vessels with disruptors. Lovely.

Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: All said and done, my first publish is up. search Shades of Grey in new review content. Gonna start playing more foundry missions to get a grip on what this tool can really do.
To be fair, I'm willing to bet the majority of current FED players are using damage types other then phaser, so its not like they can complain.
Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
# 7
01-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicochavez View Post
To be fair, I'm willing to bet the majority of current FED players are using damage types other then phaser, so its not like they can complain.
Not me. I like the quad cannons too much.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,475
# 8
01-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I've never gotten a review that was like, "Those Gorn ships have the wrong weapons!"
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,569
# 9
01-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah for my Foundry challenge mission I reskinned a bunch of klingon ships to look like Jem'Hadar vessels. the Rek'Arthar are reskinned Fek'Ihri.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
# 10
01-26-2013, 05:51 AM
Ok...so, reskinning works, which I need to try out, and is great to know. Haven't even looked into that aspect...but, I have a related question?

I know it can be done, because I've seen it done before in Foundry missions I've played. (btw? Allegiance was fun...hoping for more in the series?)

How do I get an ally ship, made in costumes, to do something other than sit there? Specific ships, both ally and enemy....to interact in combat?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 AM.