Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 31
01-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Most memorable for me, is The Doomsday Machine. I say this not because it's an episode I consider my favorite or the best, but because my earliest memory is of watching Kirk piloting the shuttle into the DM, and being absolutely terrified that he was going to die.

Needless to say, I grew up wanting to be a Starfleet Captain... Not wanting to be Kirk, but to be a captain, to have his job, and do the things he did. I was very disappointed when I grew up enough to realize that there was no Starfleet, and NASA is a pretty poor substitute...
Captain
# 32
01-25-2013, 05:41 PM
By series;

TOS: Charlie X. It had some questionable 60s gender politics, but the ending with Charlie pleading to stay because he would be doomed to a life of loneliness kills me every time.

TNG: All Good Things. It wrapped the series with not only everything that made TNG good, but everything that makes Star Trek good. The best ending of any show I've ever seen not called Blake's 7.

DS9: The Visitor. I get the feels just thinking about it.

Voy: Tuvix. It was a silly set up, but the moral dilemma presented was quite the heavy one and I thought the cast gave some of the best performances of the series.

Ent: I thought it was a dog of a series even though it started to show signs of being good in the final season. So... Um... Whatever episode had the "rubbing T'pol with jelly" scene.
# 33
01-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Most memorable for me, is The Doomsday Machine. I say this not because it's an episode I consider my favorite or the best, but because my earliest memory is of watching Kirk piloting the shuttle into the DM, and being absolutely terrified that he was going to die.

Needless to say, I grew up wanting to be a Starfleet Captain... Not wanting to be Kirk, but to be a captain, to have his job, and do the things he did. I was very disappointed when I grew up enough to realize that there was no Starfleet, and NASA is a pretty poor substitute...
Just to boost my nerd-cred and to correct you on one small point - Decker flew the shuttle into the DM. Kirk flew a full sized starship into it.

Typical, always one-upping somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
So... Um... Whatever episode had the "rubbing T'pol with jelly" scene.
Mmmm, jelly.

Last edited by boglejam73; 01-25-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Ensign
# 34
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
TOS: Catspaw.

TNG: Timescape

DS9: The Way of the Warrior
I reach for the stars, but still touch my own heart
Rihannsu
# 35
01-25-2013, 09:03 PM
"Darmok" has always struck a chord with me, I thought that the premise was thought provoking, and it was a nice touch that Picard uses Gilgamesh to connect with the Tamarian captain.
Lieutenant
# 36
01-25-2013, 09:10 PM
TOS: None

TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise, Inner Light, Sarek, Unification 1 and 2.

DS9: For the Uniform, What you leave Behind, Sacrifice of Angels.

VOY: None

ENT: None
Captain
# 37
01-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Everyone seems to forget about the borg babies from "Q Who". Stuff like that kind of sticks with you.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 38
01-25-2013, 11:54 PM
I recently finished watching ALL of the series (not all at the same time) of ST, thank you Netflix.

So here's mine:

ENT: Detained. Being a fan of Quantum Leap, and seeing both Scott Bakula with Dean Stockwell together again made me have a serious fan-gasm moment.

TOS: Trouble with Tribbles, hands down. I remember this episode from way way back in the day when I was but a wee lad. It was funny, it was interesting, and introduced a rather famous Trek icon.

TNG: The Drumhead. To me, while it might not be the most 'Trek' TNG episode, I feel that this holds some serious truth in today's world, and how easily even now or in the future we could fall into that very same mindset.

VOY: Message in a Bottle. To me, aside from showing us one doozy of a ship, this was the real 'turning point' in Voyager, where it actually seemed like things were moving along. As it stood before then, Voyager felt like it was dragging, but them actually doing something about it now was a real nice change.

DS9: In the Pale Moonlight. This is arguably my absolute favorite episode ever. There's just SO much I could say about this to be honest.

Rihannsu
# 39
01-26-2013, 04:36 AM
Quote:
I recently finished watching ALL of the series (not all at the same time) of ST, thank you Netflix.
Got TAS? Hehe...

Drumhead.... good plot, but you could rewrite it into an episode of M.A.S.H. and it will still be good...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 40
01-26-2013, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Just to boost my nerd-cred and to correct you on one small point - Decker flew the shuttle into the DM. Kirk flew a full sized starship into it.

Typical, always one-upping somebody.
Ahh....
It's been quite a while since I last saw the episode