Empire Veteran
# 41
01-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Got TAS? Hehe...

Drumhead.... good plot, but you could rewrite it into an episode of M.A.S.H. and it will still be good...
Yes it does *shudder*

Rihannsu
# 42
01-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Yes it does *shudder*
And you haven't watched it yet? Tsk, tsk, tsk....

My guide to which eps to watch:
Good:
Beyond the Farthest Star; Yesteryear; More Tribbles, More Troubles; The Survivor; The Time Trap; The Ambergris Element; The Pirates of Orion; Albatross;

Ok:
One of Our Planets Is Missing; The Lorelei Signal; The Infinite Vulcan; The Terratin Incident; The Slaver Weapon; Bem; The Practical Joker; The Counter-Clock Incident

Bad:
The Magicks of Megas-Tu; Once Upon a Planet; Mudd's Passion; The Eye of the Beholder; The Jihad; How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth

But those are my opinions... your opinions may vary.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 43
01-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Would "Sacrifice of Angels" be too cliche?
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
I think the most memorable episode for me growing up was Blood Oath from season 2 of DS9. It was one of the first episodes of any Trek that I ever watched live and it was great, had great drama, great action, great performances, badass Klingons, Dax. I think it was one of the episodes that helped cement me as a life-long Trek fan.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-26-2013, 10:50 AM
The one where the Enterprise encounters a lock box floating in deep space.
Career Officer
# 46
01-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomin8r View Post
The one where the Enterprise encounters a lock box floating in deep space.
Q Who?

Lockboxes... resistance is futile.

Porthos is not amused.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
That's one of my favorite episodes too. The idea of xenophobic humans trying to undermine Earth's interstellar relations was just a brilliant idea, and would have made a great series finale.
In my mind, "Demons" and "Terra Prime" are the series finale. Enterprise just followed up its awesome finale with a weird epilogue about Riker and Troi playing around on the holodeck, that's all.

There's too many for me to pick, and they'd be the usual choices like "The Inner Light," "City on the Edge of Forever" and "The Visitor," but "Best of Both Worlds" really was an amazing achievement as a two-part episode. It has a more epic scope than many of the Trek movies, and it worked the Borg (who were already memorably unsettling in "Q Who?") into such awe-inspiring villains that even twenty years, six movies and three more TV series later they're still towering over the list. I'm just really glad I only saw those episodes after the fact and didn't have to wait three agonizing months after "Mr. Worf, fire."

Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Voy: Tuvix. It was a silly set up, but the moral dilemma presented was quite the heavy one and I thought the cast gave some of the best performances of the series.
That's one thing I really respect about "Tuvix." It would have been so predictable to have the episode take the easy way out with Tuvix nobly sacrificing himself at the end (which is pretty much what Enterprise did with its own take on the situation later, in "Similitude"), but the writers didn't do that. They pitted his wanting to live against the crew wanting Tuvok and Neelix back all the way to the end. Voyager sometimes played it a little safe with its morality stories, but this was one episode where they didn't hold any punches.

Last edited by sparklysoldier; 01-26-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Rihannsu
# 48
01-26-2013, 03:08 PM
It was always interesting seeing the giant nothing that we got after Riker said that.... It's a giant anti-climax.... and AWESOME!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 49
01-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
And you haven't watched it yet? Tsk, tsk, tsk....

My guide to which eps to watch:
Good:
Beyond the Farthest Star; Yesteryear; More Tribbles, More Troubles; The Survivor; The Time Trap; The Ambergris Element; The Pirates of Orion; Albatross;

Ok:
One of Our Planets Is Missing; The Lorelei Signal; The Infinite Vulcan; The Terratin Incident; The Slaver Weapon; Bem; The Practical Joker; The Counter-Clock Incident

Bad:
The Magicks of Megas-Tu; Once Upon a Planet; Mudd's Passion; The Eye of the Beholder; The Jihad; How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth

But those are my opinions... your opinions may vary.
Computer...synthale...strong.

Starfleet Veteran
# 50
01-27-2013, 09:07 AM
I have a few
Too short a season
Datalore
The Doomsday device
The name I forget, but the TOS one where the computer controls the ship
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...