Rihannsu
# 91
01-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
...I want to say thank you for taking the time. Not just to Borticus but to all of you because without you many of us who don't do the math wouldn't even begin to have a clue. Please stay diligent and we appreciate you all watching over us for the benefit of all who log in to play from day to day.

-Captain Tripwire-
What he said.

Thanks folks (players and devs alike!)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 92
01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Now that the power will be Working As Intended (fingers crossed), we can turn our attention to tuning it, if necessary. The latter can't happen without the former.
No doubt - and I wasn't just speaking about FAW, but other such abilities that might be experiencing the same issue and the cumulative effect overall that having them fixed may have.

Acc would increase damage. Dmg would increase damage. Acc/Dmg resulting in more hits that do more damage. The potential for the Acc overflow leading to more crits...more damage. Acc/CrtH/CrtD mods on a weapon resulting in...well...more damage.

And that just not necessarily from a single weapon.
And that just not from a single player.
And that all depending on how many abilities being affected...er, not affected.

FAW, BO, CRF, CSV, THY, TS, DPA, DPB, BtA, BtE, BtS, BtW, and then - what about things like Nadeon, etc, etc, etc. Is it just multiple target abilities - multiple target abilities against multiple targets - multiple target abilities against single targets...

There was also the mention of procs - innate weapon procs or all the other procs as well sort of thing.

For example:

Spiral Wave Disruptors [Acc]x2 [Dmg]x2
2.5% Phaser Proc
2.5% Disruptor Proc

If the person had a Rom [Pla] Science Threat console for the 2.5% Plasma Proc...
If the person had the Omega Graviton Amplifier passive for the 2.5% Kinetic Proc...
If the person had the Sensor Targeting Assault passive for the 20% on Crit Placate Proc...
If the person had the Omega Weapon Amplifier set bonus for the 2.5% proc...

Or if somebody were using a Phased Polaron and had the Jem set Victory is Life 1% proc...2.5% Phaser and 2.5% Polaron procs - as well as potentially having the four listed above.

Just one of those things, where depending on how much was not working as intended on how many ever abilities... with that all getting turned on so it is working as intended - what that could mean.

Just one of those things. Which in turn would determine what else needed to be addressed or if anything needed to be addressed.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Career Officer
# 93
01-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
No doubt - and I wasn't just speaking about FAW, but other such abilities.
Hopefully there will be an opportunity to test this on tribble after careful testing internally.
Captain
# 94
01-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Progress!

With the assistance of one of our Programmers, we think we've uncovered the issue at hand.

Suffice it to say, Enhancements from weapons (like [Acc] mods, but also includes [Dmg], [CrtD], etc, as well as Procs) aren't being properly inherited by all powers in all circumstances. I'm hesitant to post more details than that until we have a working fix, which is unlikely to happen internally until next week at the earliest.

So, stay tuned! I'll let you all know what's going on, once we have made more progress internally.
Nice! .
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Rihannsu
# 95
01-25-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm EXTREMELY Happy to hear that Borticus/Tron has pulled through for us!

And it will be awesome just to have it fixed at first. Then the Tweeking can begin, if needed. Which I'm fine with.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Commander
# 96
01-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
... because I'm appreciating that a dev actually said that working as preferred is NOT the same as being intended, when there's a vast and far history of Cryptic stating something is NOT a feature and is a bug or unintended result, and then later on claiming that it was a feature and intended to work that way all along? That sort of behavior is where 90% of the dev hate comes from, so I really do appreciate that Bort isn't being a party to it.
Ehh Yeah Yeah that same song
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Captain
# 97
01-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys! Nice to know we're not crazy!

However- I bet Pve'rs will still blame us for this.

Cryptic fixes FAW

Pver- "yay FAw got a buff!"

Cryptic adjusts FAW

Pver- "those damn pvprs ruined our FAW!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 98
01-25-2013, 09:15 PM
This is awesome, but let's not kid ourselves -- this should have been done over a year ago. Bort, can we count on you guys to learn from this and take a more proactive stance in the future?

Last edited by hurleybird; 01-25-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 99
01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Wow, mad props to Bort and his buddy engineer and to Hilbert for following up with his investigation as well.

I love you guys.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 100
01-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
Thanks guys! Nice to know we're not crazy!

However- I bet Pve'rs will still blame us for this.

Cryptic fixes FAW

Pver- "yay FAw got a buff!"

Cryptic adjusts FAW

Pver- "those damn pvprs ruined our FAW!"

Yeah, let's see if they will give props to PvPers for helping get this power buffed.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.