Captain
# 31
01-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
That is the answer to any and all questions pertaining to the Cryptic decision process. Longevity and quality of gameplay are not factors.
Oh you bet your ass they are factors. They got to have short term goals before they can have long term ones.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 32
01-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Oh you bet your ass they are factors. They got to have short term goals before they can have long term ones.
Short term goal: what lockbox can we release this month?

Long term goal: what lock box can we release six months from now?
Empire Veteran
# 33
01-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Short term goal: what lockbox can we release this month?

Long term goal: what lock box can we release six months from now?
That was priceless
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
The other things they have to do is revamp old system and add new content. When we look at Season 7 they added the reputation system.
That is not content my friend, it's a gated system that dispenses gear to you in the same manner that a snack or soda machine dispenses drinks and candy when you pay it money. There is no depth, no interesting story and neither is the focus of anything Cryptic puts into this game as far as I can see. New Romulus is essentially a place for you to waste time tagging rabbits, running around and scanning things for more 'grind marks'. Half the planetary systems in that sector you can't even visit. The only 'depth' being explored into content here is how deep their customers pockets go.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Captain
# 35
01-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
That is not content my friend, it's a gated system that dispenses gear to you in the same manner that a snack or soda machine dispenses drinks and candy when you pay it money. There is no depth, no interesting story and neither is the focus of anything Cryptic puts into this game as far as I can see. New Romulus is essentially a place for you to waste time tagging rabbits, running around and scanning things for more 'grind marks'. Half the planetary systems in that sector you can't even visit. The only 'depth' being explored into content here is how deep their customers pockets go.
I couldn't agree more.

Back to topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Because they make more money in lottery.
That's the real reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
CBS (apparently) doesn't want non-Fed/KDF ships that much in circulation.
That's the excuse to make money, while looking good.

Gambling makes a lot of money. Vegas anytone ? A lots of game are taking this gamblebox idea. You can see it on GW2, SWTOR, and soon, Defiance. Gambling is addictive, and makes a lot more money than simply sell the items.
Republic Veteran
# 36
01-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
Content is content if you like it or not just because they did not add a story (which they did) does not make it not content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post

That's the excuse to make money, while looking good.

Gambling makes a lot of money. Vegas anytone ? A lots of game are taking this gamblebox idea. You can see it on GW2, SWTOR, and soon, Defiance. Gambling is addictive, and makes a lot more money than simply sell the items.
If cryptic can make money off Greedy players who throw money at things in the game so they can say they got it first and float over ESD and show off and feel good....power to Cryptic for being good at their jobs, and knowing their customers.

In Vegas you get nothing , in Chuck E cheese you always win something unless there is a special toy you want like that radio controlled helicopter.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Empire Veteran
# 37
01-25-2013, 02:31 PM
i bought it for 85 million ec with = cheaper than the 30$ you propose
Career Officer
# 38
01-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
Yes, CBS wants to limit the amount of non-canon, non-faction aligned (ie, non-UFP/KDF) ships players are flying around.
This is BS IMO. CBS likes the money coming from lockboxes just as much as PWE/Cryptic does. Has nothing to do with "rarity" if you ask me. It's all about the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Empire Veteran
# 39
01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
This is BS IMO. CBS likes the money coming from lockboxes just as much as PWE/Cryptic does. Has nothing to do with "rarity" if you ask me. It's all about the money.
Of course it is bs. Everyone is flying around in non-canon ships. Queue up for anything and you will notice that there is usually 1 person with a canon ship.
Career Officer
# 40
01-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Of course it is bs. Everyone is flying around in non-canon ships. Queue up for anything and you will notice that there is usually 1 person with a canon ship.
I don't know about everyone, but yes there are a lot of them. Enough that I personally wouldn't call any of these lockbox ships "rare" by any stretch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.