Career Officer
# 11
01-25-2013, 10:44 AM
With the Exception of the Galaxy (and guess the Odyssey), Saucer Seperation was only used for Emergency Purposes. For example, the Consitution did have Saucer Seperation capability, where the Saucer was a lifeboat, but it required a shipyard to reconnect it.

That means for us in-game, it would be a useless mechanic and better off for the Dev team to be working on new things.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
I don't really see the point; The Galaxy has plenty of phaser arrays and torpedo launchers to compensate for losing the saucer section's beefy phaser arrays, but the Heavy Cruiser and Nebula don't. That, and their "engineering sections" (if they're even considered as a secondary hull) don't look good; the Galaxy's engineering section looks halfway decent without the saucer.

Also, the Sovy Separation is basically the Odyssey Separation.
Plenty Phaser arrays? You mean the 6 small arrays and the 2 medium arrays (one revealed on Star Drive section after seperation and the other on belly of star drive)?
Captain
# 13
01-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhurlbut View Post
Plenty Phaser arrays? You mean the 6 small arrays and the 2 medium arrays (one revealed on Star Drive section after seperation and the other on belly of star drive)?
But plenty of emmiters in each array...
Captain
# 14
01-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
anything that makes use of the nebula is full of win. Make it so
This.

I'd still love to see them make another two ships of the Nebula line, and sell all three as a pack; all they'd have to change is the pod on the back, and allow the players to choose the pod visual they want, based on which versions they own.

Sci comes with the radome, as seen in TNG; already comes with the tachyon grid.

Tac comes with the torpedo pod like the one already in the game, and a forward-arc version of torpedo point defense or something like that.

Eng comes with another pair of warp nacelles, like the one model they made but never used (at least, I *think* they never used it). Give it saucer separation.

Combined, the consoles could give some sort of bonus. Also, saucer sep on the tactical version would be cool as hell, and entice people to buy at least two parts of the set, even if they already own the original.

I don't know...just thinking...which kinda explains that burning smell.
Career Officer
# 15
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp26 View Post
The Excesliors always die before the Galaxys. They shouldn't even be in this game. They are too old.
Going by that, neither should the Connies and Mirandas, and especially the NX class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Captain
# 16
01-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Going by that, neither should the Connies and Mirandas, and especially the NX class.
I dont see those ships in T5...
Captain
# 17
01-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
The NX class in the game is a modern recreation of the original NX shape and size, but using modern components, done by Starfleet Engineers as a tribute to the original.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
# 18
01-25-2013, 03:05 PM
two words: NOT CANON!!!!!
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Captain
# 19
01-25-2013, 03:08 PM
For the Nebula, yeah but I doubt it will happen. If they won't go back to fix details here and there, I doubt they will go back to enable previous Nebulas to do so as well. Even the Fleet Nebula.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3001 View Post
two words: NOT CANON!!!!!
One word: Cryptic. Your argument has just been invalidated.

As a side note, I'm a Nebula enthusiast, but I'd rather pass on these abilities, the ship to me is really just a solid frame welded together, even if it's supposed to be a modular design. I'm all for new skins though, I'd love to see an Envoy/Celestial variant along with the missions pods, though I'd settle for those alone, maybe a Venture skin.

Last edited by auricius; 01-25-2013 at 03:26 PM.