Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Q XP Weekend is Live!
01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Q is back in Earth Spacedock and Qo'noS and he's in a giving mood. For this weekend only, visit him to get a boost that will DOUBLE your rewards of Skill Points* and Expertise for four hours!

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-25-2013, 10:18 AM
could you ask Q to boost CXP as well? been a long time since ive needed any Skill Points and Expertise
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
could you ask Q to boost CXP as well? been a long time since ive needed any Skill Points and Expertise
What we need for that is another "Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend". Which I'd like very much -- my newest character was made after the last one, and doesn't have the special Duty Officer that is available during that event.

With that said, I still appreciate the extra Expertise. All my characters are at level cap, but they're spending Experience in the Reputation system. So more is better.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Career Officer
# 4 4 hours only
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Since the boost is for 4 hours only - Can I re-pick ip up after 4 hours? I would hope so since this is a weekend long thing, however it doesn't explain that. Don't want to pick ip up, get stuck doing something outside of STO for like 30 minutes and not be able to repick ip up for another 4 hours....
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
01-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
What we need for that is another "Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend". Which I'd like very much -- my newest character was made after the last one, and doesn't have the special Duty Officer that is available during that event.

With that said, I still appreciate the extra Expertise. All my characters are at level cap, but they're spending Experience in the Reputation system. So more is better.
I'm sure we'll have a JOAW in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc275 View Post
Since the boost is for 4 hours only - Can I re-pick ip up after 4 hours? I would hope so since this is a weekend long thing, however it doesn't explain that. Don't want to pick ip up, get stuck doing something outside of STO for like 30 minutes and not be able to repick ip up for another 4 hours....
Yes, you should be able to

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 6
01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
It is sooooo easy to level in this game now, I am not sure why we would need these weekends amymore.....
Rihannsu
# 7
01-25-2013, 12:16 PM
The blog says double XP and Expertise. So if we're max level we get quadruple Expertise instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
What we need for that is another "Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend". Which I'd like very much ...
Oh, yes, please. Bonus XP/Expertise is nice, but I too would love another bonus CXP weekend and access to those DOffs for my new alts as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc275 View Post
Since the boost is for 4 hours only - Can I re-pick ip up after 4 hours? ....
Yes, in the past you could continue to pick-up XP boosts all weekend. In fact, even if you've got time left, you can go refresh it (say you go back near Q with 2hrs left on your boost, you could refresh it to 4hrs while you're near him). Also, if you refresh just before he leaves you'll keep the boost for whatever time is left even after he's gone on Monday at 10am.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
01-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Captain
# 9
01-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Trust it to be the weekend that my router breaks. Is it possible to redo it next weekend as well. I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try
Rihannsu
# 10
01-28-2013, 03:32 AM
That was a great double XP weekend. Managed to cap two KDF alts that have been hanging around doing for a while.
---
Closed Thread