Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

We have rescheduled our brief systems maintenance that was originally planned for today to tomorrow.

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and some services tomorrow, Friday, June 7th -- we will also use this downtime to add a new patch to STO for server stability updates. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The patch note for this maintenance is "Server stability updates".

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
06-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey BranFlakes,

Do you know if this patch will help resolve the rubber-banding issues that have been reported on the forums?

Because if it does, I will be one happy Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-06-2013, 11:01 AM
"Server Stability Updates" is Cryptic talk for "Feeding the officer hamster" and has about as much effect on the game.

If it really did anything the number of these patches we have had in the last 2 weeks would make STO the most stable server in existence where as it is no more stable than it was the day LoR launched.

A little less buggy though since the latest bug squashing patch. Only a little.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
Hey BranFlakes,

Do you know if this patch will help resolve the rubber-banding issues that have been reported on the forums?

Because if it does, I will be one happy Captain.
Is that where your ship starts snapping back and forth if you use evasive maneuvers? Cause that is one annoying bug.
Arc is completely unnecessary.
Captain
# 5
06-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Servers have gotten way more stable so all these maintenance windows are doing something right.
Career Officer
# 6
06-06-2013, 11:13 AM
"Server Stability" - Mmm, yes we believe you.
talkGEEK - Talking a lot of GEEK!
Career Officer
# 7
06-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I do its far better than what I've seen on other MMO's I think there just dealing with far more load then predicted from the tests and i havent had to many server instabilities just alot of lag on log in, but that could just be do to being down to one GPU instead of haveing two in the past.
Survivor of Remus
# 8
06-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Bran, I am still having issues deleting mail. There are some returned message from the exchange that came back and there is nothing in the message, and I just can't delete them. Any help?
Career Officer
# 9
06-06-2013, 02:06 PM
More bug fixes would be nice, but hey, slow and steady wins the race right?
@HyperLimited
Empire Veteran
# 10
06-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Anyway you could be more specific than "general server stability improvements" ?
Closed Thread