Survivor of Romulus
# 1 tr 116a question
01-25-2013, 02:57 PM
i got a package for star trek online and would like to know if it would have a tr-116 a rifle in it or not? i have been hunting a game box with a cod! willing to pay for one that is good!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissadopler79 View Post
i got a package for star trek online and would like to know if it would have a tr-116 a rifle in it or not? i have been hunting a game box with a cod! willing to pay for one that is good!
Look under Legacy Unlocks, it could or might be there.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-25-2013, 03:08 PM
you do not understand! how do i find out the box has a tr116 code to it before i open it! there are very few out there still!
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Only the retail boxes sold at target came with the TR116A and they are quite hard to come by these days.

If you bought your copy from a target you'll find it under Legacy Unlocks.

Cryptic really needs to update this weapon so that it will scale with the players level.
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissadopler79 View Post
you do not understand! how do i find out the box has a tr116 code to it before i open it! there are very few out there still!
Short answer: it would be stated on the box
Commander
# 6
01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
a box? what box? lockbox?...and i've seen the rifle ingame only really used at lower levels it isnt too powerful for 50 if your looking for the weapon as useable at 50 unless your wanting it for collections type stuff
Career Officer
# 7
01-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofwars View Post
a box? what box? lockbox?...and i've seen the rifle ingame only really used at lower levels it isnt too powerful for 50 if your looking for the weapon as useable at 50 unless your wanting it for collections type stuff
Well... the TR-116A does 33 Kinetic Damage per shot or 91 with a sniper shot - each with 20% Shield Penetration - the nice thing about the TR-116A though is that the Borg can't adapt to it so you never have to remodulate - you can also shoot them through walls and forcefields too (which is probably why we'll never see better versions of this in game - it's too hard to design around).
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 8
01-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofwars View Post
I think he meant the software game box. I got mine 3 years ago from a Target retailer. They still have a few left but very hard to find these days. Try ebay or amazon perhaps.
Rihannsu
# 9
01-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
I think he meant the software game box. I got mine 3 years ago from a Target retailer. They still have a few left but very hard to find these days. Try ebay or amazon perhaps.
There was actually a dev quote about this in one of the recent 'Ask Cryptics' I believe, stating that it was too overpowered at the moment or something like that and that any scaling would have to wait.
Captain
# 10
01-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Only the retail boxes sold at target came with the TR116A and they are quite hard to come by these days.

If you bought your copy from a target you'll find it under Legacy Unlocks.

Cryptic really needs to update this weapon so that it will scale with the players level.
It does scale with the players level, it just doesn't do as much damage, per level, as other weapons do. It makes up for low damage with long range shots and the ability to shoot throw walls and the sort, not to mention no need to remodulate with thE bORG.