Captain
# 11
01-26-2013, 10:09 PM
I'd drop 60k dilithium on a pair of these as soon as they hit the market. Especially if they used Thermionic Torpedoes.

To make up for the DPS loss with Thermionics, give them two beam arrays each.

Alternatively, you could give them the ability to use Torpedo: High Yield, allowing them to launch Heavy Distortion Torpedoes.

Also, yeah...the console is pointless. It's less powerful than a single use of Beam: Fire at Will 1, and it takes up a console slot. This thing has sat in my bank ever since the first time I scrolled through the combat log to see exactly how useless it was.
Lieutenant
# 12
01-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Don't think two beam arrays would cut it, the dps the energy weapons do is peanuts compared to the torpedoes.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-28-2013, 08:31 AM
It would also be nice to load these on something other than a recluse. These are the best pets feds have access to....IMHO!

AI sucks for pets that use cannons and turrets. Beam arrays work much better...or at least appear to do so!!!!

I also love me some slavers as well.
Commander
# 14
01-28-2013, 08:51 AM
I would think more Tholian for the Advanced Widows; the Tholians do pretty measly direct damage and they have basically tissue-paper hulls, but they are useful with disabling, etc.

Advanced Widows
2x Tetryon Beam Array
Thermionic Torpedo

Beam Target Subsystem: Engines
Beam Target Subsystem: Weapons

Elite Widows:
2x Tetryon Beam Array
Thermionic Torpedo

Beam Overload I
Attack Pattern Beta I
Captain
# 15
01-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
I would think more Tholian for the Advanced Widows; the Tholians do pretty measly direct damage and they have basically tissue-paper hulls, but they are useful with disabling, etc.

Advanced Widows
2x Tetryon Beam Array
Thermionic Torpedo

Elite Widows:
2x Tetryon Beam Array
Thermionic Torpedo

Beam Overload I
Attack Pattern Beta I
This is pretty much what I was saying...except I was suggesting they have the Torpedo: High Yield ability, to fire Heavy Distortion Torpedoes. If they had that, they wouldn't need the subsystem targeting, which I've always found to be rather weak at lower levels.

Attack Pattern Beta would be nice for them to have, but if that stacked 12 times...
Captain
# 16
01-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
This is pretty much what I was saying...except I was suggesting they have the Torpedo: High Yield ability, to fire Heavy Distortion Torpedoes.
That would be stupidly overpowered. Heavy disruption torpedoes are a *guaranteed* significant power drain. Your target would quite simply never have their weapons or engines systems up if there was that many heavy disrupts coming at them.

If you really want some subsystem disable potential, then give the widows Phased Tetryon weapons like Tholians are supposed to have so it's a chance to disable something instead.

Also, pets generally do crap damage with their energy weapons but there's no reason that can't change. BOPs do almost double the damage that fighters do with their torpedoes, and the Borg do many thousands of damage with just a silly beam array. There's multipliers that can be adjusted upward until the damage level becomes relevant.