Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,932
# 41
01-25-2013, 08:16 PM
all fed cruisers should have their turn rate bumped by 2. theres no reason for kdf cruisers to turn so much better. trying to think of a reason? STOP, your trying to reference canon for reasons. for game play balance there is no reason. its not like they can even use DHC/DCs anyway. they would only be able to maneuver more defensibly, their greatest weakness currently.
______________________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlalo View Post
I just wanted to say, I've never seen a more disturbing avatar
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,002
# 42
01-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
all fed cruisers should have their turn rate bumped by 2. theres no reason for kdf cruisers to turn so much better. trying to think of a reason? STOP, your trying to reference canon for reasons. for game play balance there is no reason. its not like they can even use DHC/DCs anyway. they would only be able to maneuver more defensibly, their greatest weakness currently.
Maybe if the Klings had parity in other aspects of the game, what you're proposing would be fair. Except, it's not because the better turn rates and better contraband drops are all we have going for us at this point. If you want to keep arguing in favor of better turn rates for feds, go ahead, but I won't be joining you as you slowly kill off the all KDf uniqueness.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 653
# 43
01-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
If you add +1 turn rate to all fed cruisers, then what will the appeal of owning a jem'hadar dreadnought carrier? Pretty much none. Less appeal = less master key sales. Everyone is always screaming for balancing on here without realizing that you lose the uniqueness of ships once you bring other ships closer to it in terms of performance.
You mean other than it being a Dominion ship and a carrier?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
# 44
01-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
The Jem'Hadar Dreadnought flies and turns like an Exploration cruiser despite being wayyyyy bigger than "twice the size". The Dreadnought is nimble as hell for a carrier class ship.

All Fed cruisers need a turn rate boost of 1. No exceptions.

It should look like this:

Cruiser: 10
Advanced Heavy Cruiser: 9
Heavy Cruiser: 9
Star Cruiser: 8
Assault Cruiser: 8
Exploration Cruiser: 7


There is no reason not to do this when a frigging DREADNOUGHT that's practically the same size as an Imperial Star Destroyer can haul its ass around like a Galaxy class cruiser.




Ok, why are you whining? You just answered your OWN question lol. The Dread is NOT a fed carrier OR ship, therefore it has it's OWN set of rules. The Dominion do not build their ships like the feds, nor do they have the same technology. It has better turn rate, good for the Dominion, they made a carrier with a better turn rate than the feds. Don't make demands like this agian please, go soak yourself in the Caves of Mak'ala.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 45
01-25-2013, 09:26 PM
LOL, all those Galaxy experts that say the turn rate is fine...how many of you are actually playing that ship end game ? There is no reason, players should be punished for playing this iconic ship of TNG franchise.

Is enough that captain Geko hates that ship and does everything possible to make it as gimped as possible. Just the fact he did give Fleet Negh'Var universal ensing and Galaxy does not have it, says something about his agenda.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 748
# 46
01-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Sorry I do not mean to offend but this is what I am seeing

People in favor of the op, "I don't have the dreadnought but I want the ships I do have to be buffed"

people against it, "Don't see what the big deal is, why are people complaining and begging for everything to be buffed when the way the devs will swing is the nerfing of the dreadnought"

that's what I am seeing here. again sorry but its hard to piece it without that filter.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,545
# 47
01-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Wow. I think we hit all the main forum arguments in this thread.

Cruiser vs Escorts.

Fed Cruisers vs KDF Battlecruisers.

Feds vs KDF.

DHCs/DCs vs BAs.

Cruiser Turn Rate Buff.

Now my 2 biased ECs. And biased because I have no qualms about admitting I am. Cruisers do need a slight turn rate buff, and DDIS was correct that 2 would do nicely. HOWEVER I believe that NO fed cruiser should exceed a turn rate of 10. And then we go to Roach, who comments that BAs need to be looked at, and I also agree with that, especially the drain mechanic behind them. I also still support the return of the 20% damage they lost. And a SLIGHT accuracy bonus. As for the cruisers vs escorts? Hell there are dozens of threads about just that, so no need to answer that. Cruisers vs BATTLEcruisers? I think I just put up my comment with how I typed that in. Fed vs KDF? Who cares? They both stink, just in different ways. DHCs vs BAs? See cruiser threads. Cruiser turn rate buff? See cruiser threads.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 636
# 48
01-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meefee5 View Post
Ok, why are you whining? You just answered your OWN question lol. The Dread is NOT a fed carrier OR ship, therefore it has it's OWN set of rules. The Dominion do not build their ships like the feds, nor do they have the same technology. It has better turn rate, good for the Dominion, they made a carrier with a better turn rate than the feds. Don't make demands like this agian please, go soak yourself in the Caves of Mak'ala.


If you're going to call canon into account here, let me remind you that if we paid any attention to canon or ship movement rules, the entire fed fleet would move like escorts, the GalX included.


The Klingons.... well actually the klingons wouldn't really experience much of a change.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,186
# 49
01-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Inertial Dampers; preventing chunky salsa since 1966.
Watch everything starting in '66 through now.
Then look at the turn rate in STO.

Tada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbarg View Post
If this thing doesn't have enough mass, then it's hull should be less than what it is. It should be as easy to crack as a potato chip in space.
The Atrox has less hull than the Ody but turns worse. Hull strength doesn't necessarily equate to mass either. In our lifetime already, we've seen many cases of more durable but lighter materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
If you're going to call canon into account here, let me remind you that if we paid any attention to canon or ship movement rules, the entire fed fleet would move like escorts, the GalX included.
Um...no. No starship in the shows or movies turns like ships can in STO.

edit: Check out DS9: "The Way of the Warrior" for some Defiant vs. BoP action. Then grab a Defiant and a BoP in STO... um...yeah...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba

Last edited by virusdancer; 01-26-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
# 50
01-26-2013, 02:47 AM
come to see post, go though several that seem to just be arguments on peoples agendas, save that for politics folks, everyone here has an agenda.

Now back to the turn rate thing...

Yes, cruisers should get +1 to turn, I never saw anything in the shows that said they had to go around making a full sector U-Turn, hell the Galaxy in TNG could just about whip itself around in a tight circle.

Give everyone a +1 to turn (like suggested) call it a quality of life upgrade, you know, for all the junk you made everyone go through with sector travel back in the old days (boy carrier life was fun then..turn? no forget about it..)

Or you could put it on the fleet refits or something. Either way its about time to notice you guys are kinda lopsided in your ship balancing..
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 PM.