Career Officer
Hi,

I know, some of you dislike these "Rumble"-Missions, but the one I created is quite challenging (some fleets want to use it as a training-mission). I don't want to be able to selective delete comments, but if I warn players multiple times that it is a difficult mission and get a comment of only 3 letters ("wtf"), then I'd really like to get rid of it.
My mission is "Battlegroup Chaos Rumble" (ST-HK434Q2YN).
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Career Officer
# 2
01-24-2013, 01:08 AM
nope /10chars

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 3
01-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Some missions do warrant that acronym.
Career Officer
# 4
01-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren0kitlor View Post
Some missions do warrant that acronym.
I accept every rating, but that comment should be deleted for being "inappropriate language".

The mission has got 90 reviews so far:
60x 5 stars,
22x 4 stars,
2x 3 stars,
1x 2 stars and
5x 1 star.

I don't complain about the other 4 people, who gave my mission just 1 star, I only complain about the comment.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Captain
# 5
01-24-2013, 07:22 AM
You could try contacting the person via in-game email.

My friend still makes foundry missions and some of the comments are made by ridiculously stupid people who think authors have a lot more control over the game than authors actually do. Those comments should be nuked from orbit for stupidity, but he does try to mail them with an explanation that he doesn't have control over that kind of stuff.
Captain
# 6
01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Anyone you might "reach" with a well-crafted mission knows the score and knows the system. I have gotten some real gems in terms of insipid reviews but I don't sweat them at all. In a few cases I think they've helped.

Sometimes I'll write the player if they missed something obvious, or they are complaining about a foundry bug I can't control, and sometimes (I will confess) to make fun of them if their comment was especially stupid.

My only advice here is grow a nice callous.
Rihannsu
# 7
01-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Yup... I still have a 1-star on one of mine because the guy who played it sucked hard in ground and couldn't beat the enemies...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 8
01-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeah, best one I got was "nope". That was a great review.

I will say this though, there are some folks who would crave the ratio you have with your mission. So, in the grand scheme of things, even with the poor comment you got, you're sitting rather well.

I know a couple good authors that would take a couple WTFs if it meant getting a ratio like you have.
Captain
# 9
01-25-2013, 08:46 AM
My two missions each have a no-comment 1 star review. All the others are 4-5. I have a do-nothing project in progress that isn't meant to be played with another 1 star no-review.

Makes me scratch my head. It almost seems like there's somebody out there religiously giving every mission a 1 star.
Commander
# 10
01-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
Hi,

I know, some of you dislike these "Rumble"-Missions, but the one I created is quite challenging (some fleets want to use it as a training-mission). I don't want to be able to selective delete comments, but if I warn players multiple times that it is a difficult mission and get a comment of only 3 letters ("wtf"), then I'd really like to get rid of it.
My mission is "Battlegroup Chaos Rumble" (ST-HK434Q2YN).
Your mission is great fun. That is rare in this game. Hell in my fleet we run "Battleship Royal Rumble" is a 5 man team on ELITE just so we can get some resemblance of a challenge.

Have yet to do that with your mission but I imagine it will be even more fun.