Republic Veteran
# 1 updating sto troubles
01-26-2013, 02:41 AM
I have had issue since oct. Everything i hit patch it will download bout 200kbs and freeze and start up again freeze. it usually throws my network into a mess and it freezes. but if i turn the launcher off wait a few seconds everything is fine. i tried hotspot shield thatdoesnt help.
Career Officer
# 2
01-26-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philchap View Post
I have had issue since oct. Everything i hit patch it will download bout 200kbs and freeze and start up again freeze. it usually throws my network into a mess and it freezes. but if i turn the launcher off wait a few seconds everything is fine. i tried hotspot shield thatdoesnt help.
Sounds like your wireless router is being overwhelmed by the number of simultaneous network connections beyond its capacity. Turn off those other wireless devices not necessary for game play and see if this improves the condition.
Republic Veteran
# 3
01-26-2013, 08:25 AM
1. dont have a wireless router. 2. have tried that numerous of times. even changed router thjat doesnt help. checked with isp and that the port are open so...
Career Officer
# 4
01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
1. dont have a wireless router. 2. have tried that numerous of times. even changed router thjat doesnt help. checked with isp and that the port are open so...
Even conventional routers can be overwhelmed by too many simultaneous network connections. And were not talking about the the number of computers connected to the box. Were talking about the number of connections the computers are making to the Internet...

The STO Client is known to bring low end routers to their knees with the number of simultaneous network connections that it makes. So like I said, try turning off the other computers, and running networked applications unnecessary for STO play. You can also disable the built in voice chat of the STO Client, and see if the reduced number of network connections helps your situation...
Republic Veteran
# 5
01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
i dont believe my router. i have been playing since the day it came out. only had this problem the past 4months. ifhelps im on win xp and using hughesnet gene4 as isp. i should sto is only mmo i have trouble wityh. i can play tor and gw2 fine.
Career Officer
# 6
01-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
i dont believe my router.....
But the STO Client isn't running on your router. The only way the STO Client can bring down the router is if the router isn't up to the task on dealing with the generated network load...

And saying that you can play other games without issues is not relevant to your STO problem, as other games don't generate anywhere near the network load that STO does...

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 01-26-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 7
01-26-2013, 01:56 PM
i was only saying the other games i was ask several times about that i got tired of being asked so i just mention. to me never has relevents to the problem. i could a incident in sp game maker that a fact. im just going to move cause i changed routers in october. still having issues. im frustrated i cannt figure out.

just a question, sure im know the answer, but can not having the gateway installed be causing it?. as for idea bout running it with out my router. i shall again. but i tried two months agho did not work maybe my machine.

thanks for the help grouchyotaku. and thanks to buddy of mine for reminding of there were a couple patches that downloaded with no problem.

Last edited by philchap; 01-26-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 8
01-26-2013, 03:30 PM
is there a way to remove test center from my account? i curious if that could be causing my problem