Starfleet Veteran
I would like to suggest that the developers give consideration/options for entry level starships. As it stands now we automatically recieve a light cruiser with three skin variations. How about making the entry level starship depend on the career choice we choose to start with that way we can get more options. For example the Oberth Sci vessel as entry level science officer start ship and creating a Saladin class destroyer starship as and entry level starship for tac officers and the current light cruiser for engineers. Just a thought.
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Well the Miranda is the basic ship everyone gets, but there is the NX-replica (tactical), TOS Connie (engineer), and the Oberth class (science) for entry level already.

There is also the Steamrunner at Lt. Level if you buy it off of Steam.

Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Well the Miranda is the basic ship everyone gets, but there is the NX-replica (tactical), TOS Connie (engineer), and the Oberth class (science) for entry level already.

There is also the Steamrunner at Lt. Level if you buy it off of Steam.
All of those have to be bought one way or another except the miranda. Me and I'm sure others would expect something for this if they were to be* made free as they have been bought already many times before.
Captain
# 4
01-28-2013, 05:06 AM
Like many MMOs, STO's "initial learning curve" is designed to be fairly easy / uncomplicated. Tier 1 ship selection (Miranda only) is the same - basic ship, no class related skill to factor in to learning how to steer/arcs/general space combat.

That comes into play at Level 10, once you get your shiny "class-appropriate" ship.

NX/Oberth/Connie are really meant for those who have been down that road before and are so used to the class-ship powers that they want them from the start of their alts...
Yes, I'm going here. Iconic / "hero" ships, I'm talking Galaxy/Defiant/Intrepid here you TNG-era fans, get a T6 version, then ALL the hero ships (Connie, Miranda, NX, etc.) need one too. I'm a ToS fan, and proud of it. This is a themepark, let me enjoy my ride or none of us deserve one...