Ensign
# 1 Task issues
01-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Hey all...was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with an issue I've been having?

I completed my first Foundry project, and went to publish it. It told me I had a task incomplete, which was 'items must be used not more than once'...so I clicked on it, and it took me to a section of the story, where a Klingon encounter was...in use. I double checked the rest of the map, and it was not in use elsewhere. Then I checked everyplace else, and nothing was in use more than once, on any map.

I attempted to delete the offending klingons....and it still tells me, in that one area, I have something in use, more than once.

Any thoughts?
Rihannsu
# 2
01-27-2013, 05:07 AM
this error usually comes up with interact with object or dialogue with contact goals. you can't use the same thing more than once.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
01-27-2013, 05:21 AM
In the story tab you have some object that is being used for an interact with object twice. Or it could even be an enemy group that you have selected to be killed twice, or possibly a reach marker used twice. It's definitely not a contact issue, because you can talk with the same contact multiple times.

The zooming to the part of the story doesn't always work 100%. It could be above or below where it zooms to.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Ensign
# 4
01-27-2013, 05:56 AM
Never wound up finding that bug. Had to remake the map, 3 times. All 4 total times, I made certain everything was exactly the same. No changes at all. It finally believed I was right.

Of course...now, it won't get past 65.25% published, without encountering an error....
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-27-2013, 08:07 AM
If it is letting you start the publishing process and then getting an error in the middle of it, I'd say you have a bug and not a problem with the mission design.

I'd post down in the bug forums. Remember to post the problem with as much exacting detail as you can, all the steps you've taken start to finish and include the mission's number. Should be on the main page where you put in the mission description. It'll look like "ST-12345678"
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic