Lieutenant
# 1 Multi-mission maps
01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Is it possible to use the same map you end on, as the first map to a second mission? Like is done with "City on the Edge of Never" and "Past Imperfect."

Pretty sure i couldn't but was sure if there's something i may have missed.
Career Officer
# 2
01-24-2013, 06:34 PM
You can't go to the same map, but you can duplicate it and do it that way

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lieutenant
# 3
01-24-2013, 06:38 PM
was hoping to be able to start the new mission n have it work off of the last map of the first mission before i ever left it, but i didnt think it was possible, guess ill have to find another way to continue into story #2 =p Thx
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-24-2013, 06:42 PM
There should be an import button on the mission list screen. From there you can import the first mission, which essentially makes a copy, it'll prompt you to name it something new, and then delete everything else from that copy besides the map you want to use as the opening map. Then you start building the rest of your new mission.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lieutenant
# 5
01-24-2013, 07:08 PM
you would still have to leave the map after the first mission, and reenter it tho wouldn't you? since technically it be a different map.
Career Officer
# 6
01-24-2013, 09:24 PM
You can duplicate a map inside the same mission, it's an actual button

Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
Lieutenant
# 7
01-25-2013, 06:27 AM
That i know, its pretty handy, but im talking about between 2 different missions, without having to warp out then warp back in. Like in the story Eps. i mentioned you beam down to the planet, kill the patrols n chase the klingon, n his captives, unsuccessfully, to the portal, then that mission ends, and Past imperfect starts right there before even leaving the planet, with you using the portal to follow him back in time. im pretty sure by now that you cant tho, but Thx anyway =)
Ensign
# 8
01-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Less ambitiously, can I copy a map from one project into another? Surely there wouldn't be so many multi-part epic Foundry missions if everyone had to re-create their favorite locations from scratch each time.
Career Officer
# 9
01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
You can't copy a map directly, but you can copy the entire project as a new project and delete what you don't want anymore.

Ensign
# 10
01-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
You can't copy a map directly, but you can copy the entire project as a new project and delete what you don't want anymore.

So for instance, if I'm ready to start Episode 3 and I want it to reuse both the Bajoran Embassy that I made in Episode 2 plus the ambassador's painstakingly furnished stateroom from Episode 1, there's no simple way to do so?