Empire Veteran
# 251
02-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theuser2021 View Post
Mmm, Jem'hadar fighters with quantum torpedoes and ramming speed. A man can dream, a man can dream.

Like I said before, on paper the fighters are comparable to other fighters. This is because advanced fighters have their three abilities. http://www.stowiki.org/Carrier_Pets
But they fail because they traded their torpedo for an arguably worthless ability that does a fighter no good.

Now granted the S'kul fighters have ramming speed instead of a torpedo, but generally if it's a fighter it's the torpedo that is responsible for nearly all its damage. A fighter without a torpedo is like a one legged man in a kicking contest. The only other ship that is worse is the type 10 Shuttles. Srsly, those shuttles... What is going on there? Are they there for RPers?

Really there is just something wrong with the Hanger pets in general, and that is that they don't do any damage with their energy weapons. I mean honestly over this last year of flying carrier ships I've come to view fighters as little more than mobile torpedo delivery platforms lol.

On one hand I feel that all carrier pets should come under some kind of review. On the other hand I worry that if they review all carrier pets they'll conclude that my elite scorpions need to be brought down to type 10 shuttle status lol.
It seems like the Ultra Scorpions have their power levels set to max weapons and the rest of the fighers have their power levels set to max engines or something

We really should have some way to make sure that our Hanger Support is set to max weapons or whatever we need from them.

All I know is that the Jem Fighters are Hella Bad.... give them Attack Pattern Beta 1 and a Quantum Torp and make sure they are set for max weapons power

All Hanger suport needs a good once over to make sure that they are all working as intended.

Give all Dreadnought Carrier owners access to the Hanger Attack Ships
Captain
# 252
02-14-2013, 10:42 PM
The uber-scorps do a normal (for pets) amount of damage with their energy weapons, the thing is one of them is a turret so it's engaging all the time instead of relying on their total inability to fly.
Ensign
# 253
02-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Re-Release the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship!

Give us SOME way of getting it... PLEASE!!!!
Lieutenant
# 254
02-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keradim45123 View Post

just unlock the ship for all.

if they re-release it, make it account wide-

its stupid to own both ships on the same toon!
Ensign
# 255
02-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Agreed!

Just let us purchase the Green, I mean SHEESH just paid $150 for the dreadnought!!!

I want those little Bugs they are so COOL now I find out they are not even available unless I have a ship that no longer exists!.... WHAT?????????

I looked on the Auction House and I see them for 400mill... come on guys give us at least the greens and reopen up the Attack Ship so it can be obtained in some way.
Empire Veteran
# 256
02-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keradim45123 View Post

In the latest Episode of Stoked Radio that was posted on YouTube the host mentioned that Cryptic was already working on re offering the Bug ship; however, the fact is that the Bug ship should have never had anything thing to do the Hanger Bugs that can only be used by the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.

This restriction gimps the Dreadnought Carrier and forces its owners to buy a completely different ship if they want to use all the items that can only be used with the Carrier that they already own.

This is a bad path that Cryptic is taking us down with this tether deal.

What's next...? If you want to buy Very Rare Widow Fighters for your Recluse you have to own the Widow Fighter and have it taking up a slot on your roster of available ships.

This is just beyond bad business here and now I'll have to second guess wanting to pick up any lockbox or Lobi store ship for fear that I might need to own another ship just to buy and use an item that only works on the ship that I already own.

The more I think about this the more it cheeses me off.

I'm just shocked that not more players are up in arms about this move by Cryptic and if it happens once it will happen again.
Lieutenant
# 257
02-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
In the latest Episode of Stoked Radio that was posted on YouTube the host mentioned that Cryptic was already working on re offering the Bug ship; however, the fact is that the Bug ship should have never had anything thing to do the Hanger Bugs that can only be used by the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.

This restriction gimps the Dreadnought Carrier and forces its owners to buy a completely different ship if they want to use all the items that can only be used with the Carrier that they already own.

This is a bad path that Cryptic is taking us down with this tether deal.

What's next...? If you want to buy Very Rare Widow Fighters for your Recluse you have to own the Widow Fighter and have it taking up a slot on your roster of available ships.

This is just beyond bad business here and now I'll have to second guess wanting to pick up any lockbox or Lobi store ship for fear that I might need to own another ship just to buy and use an item that only works on the ship that I already own.

The more I think about this the more it cheeses me off.

I'm just shocked that not more players are up in arms about this move by Cryptic and if it happens once it will happen again.
/signed. i am also extremely mad at this
Survivor of Romulus
# 258
02-15-2013, 10:31 AM
I understand their desire to make the attack ship hanger more prestigious, but giving it free to attack ship owners should have been a perk, not exclusive. There needs to be other routes of obtaining the attack ship to be equitable to those who want the attack hanger but not the attack ship.

My Engineer is my carrier captain, there is no way I'd give the attack ship to her over my tactical captain.

Please Devs, I'm begging you. Either provide other routes of obtaining the attack ship hanger or make the hanger unlock account wide.
Lieutenant
# 259
02-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theuser2021 View Post
I understand their desire to make the attack ship hanger more prestigious, but giving it free to attack ship owners should have been a perk, not exclusive. There needs to be other routes of obtaining the attack ship to be equitable to those who want the attack hanger but not the attack ship.

My Engineer is my carrier captain, there is no way I'd give the attack ship to her over my tactical captain.

Please Devs, I'm begging you. Either provide other routes of obtaining the attack ship hanger or make the hanger unlock account wide.
im in the exact same situation, as my engi is also the 1 who flies the dread
Captain
# 260
02-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roelandm View Post
im in the exact same situation, as my engi is also the 1 who flies the dread
Somewhat Same situation, though I'm a tactical officer.

Last edited by daedalus304; 02-15-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Closed Thread