Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 852
# 341
02-24-2013, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiar3 View Post
Yea they should make the dread available too for cheap zen or dil for people that don't have it or lobi, no matter how much lobi or $ people bought it for

All those people that have JHAS but no dread an cannot use the pets either, no fair
eh....while i almost sympathise, those with the JHAS have a better, rarer, far more expensive, and extraordinary ship to begin with, not to mention, one which is fleeting in the exchange so it is very scarce, the dreadnought can be bought with zen ("via proxy of lockboxkeys") quite easily it just costs 70 to 80$

but we in the dread, the only ship capable of launching these things are locked away from it unless we own one of the rarest, most saught after ships in the game. its like buying a Ferrari and getting polyester seats with plastic trims and all emblems removed until we buy a Phantom Corsair.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 55
# 342
02-24-2013, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
eh....while i almost sympathise, those with the JHAS have a better, rarer, far more expensive, and extraordinary ship to begin with, not to mention, one which is fleeting in the exchange so it is very scarce, the dreadnought can be bought with zen ("via proxy of lockboxkeys") quite easily it just costs 70 to 80$

but we in the dread, the only ship capable of launching these things are locked away from it unless we own one of the rarest, most saught after ships in the game. its like buying a Ferrari and getting polyester seats with plastic trims and all emblems removed until we buy a Phantom Corsair.


Indeed! so true, hehehe!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37
# 343
02-24-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
eh....while i almost sympathise, those with the JHAS have a better, rarer, far more expensive, and extraordinary ship to begin with, not to mention, one which is fleeting in the exchange so it is very scarce, the dreadnought can be bought with zen ("via proxy of lockboxkeys") quite easily it just costs 70 to 80$

but we in the dread, the only ship capable of launching these things are locked away from it unless we own one of the rarest, most saught after ships in the game. its like buying a Ferrari and getting polyester seats with plastic trims and all emblems removed until we buy a Phantom Corsair.
Exactly and when u are Lucky enough of obtaining a jhas THEN u are able to use the jhas pets. It is bound to that.

Because something is most saught after does not mean if u do not own it and want it u should be able to get it on another way other people got it.

U can use the dread just fine with out JHAS. Make it a mission to obtain a JHAS like other people did. Exchange hunting or just wait till it gets back in the game again like last time.

Don't do it by crying about it and trying to make the game less unique. There isn't much unique left in the game. That's just lame. Sorry to say it like that but it is what is being done.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 852
# 344
02-24-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiar3 View Post
Don't do it by crying about it and trying to make the game less unique. There isn't much unique left in the game. That's just lame. Sorry to say it like that but it is what is being done.
yea but when you say it like that it sparks people to get more proactive against you.

speaking of which.

I'd be fine if it could be used on any other carrier but only obtainable if you have the JHAS itself THAT makes sense, the thing is they want us to believe it is a bonus for owning the JHAS...it's not, it would be a bonus if you didnt need to use it on the dread! fine but since it is locked away for those with both the Dreadnought and JHAS it is quite unnerving.

btw, the next time they release the JHAS it will be in a far more expensive box, and its chances would have been cut in half in order to preserve the JHAS rarity, 3 times released is way too many for it to be rare without adjustment.

not to mention even if it is released, its price on the exchange would not drop below 300mil.

those making an effort to get the JHAS are doing so for the sake of owning it, I do want the JHAS though not for the hangar pets, the JHAS alone is an extraordinary ship and I would be honored to obtain it.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,253
# 345
02-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiar3 View Post
Exactly and when u are Lucky enough of obtaining a jhas THEN u are able to use the jhas pets. It is bound to that.

Because something is most saught after does not mean if u do not own it and want it u should be able to get it on another way other people got it.

U can use the dread just fine with out JHAS. Make it a mission to obtain a JHAS like other people did. Exchange hunting or just wait till it gets back in the game again like last time.

Don't do it by crying about it and trying to make the game less unique. There isn't much unique left in the game. That's just lame. Sorry to say it like that but it is what is being done.
No one here is crying about anything.

The fact that most of us are trying to put foward is that this type of gating is wrong.

This move by Cryptic was to just test the waters to see if the players would accept this type of item gating.

Once again this really only effects Carrier users becasue it's the only logical ship class that Cryptic could even come close to getting away with this junk with.

The Hanger Attack Ships are Junk and at this point the only real benefit to having them is that they are bigger targets that might take a few more hits for you; however, the fact remains that they can only be used with the Dreadnought Carrier and they should have been given to the Dread owners from the start.

Does anyone else also find it strange that there are no other hanger options for the Recluse? I think the reason is that Cryptic has not found a way to gate them yet.

This move is wrong and it will negatively effect Carrier users going foward has long has Cryptic feels that they can potentially milk more profit out of us by gating our Carriers Hanger support options.

This is like buying a $40,000 2013 Touareg and then being told by the dealer that if you want to add the Turbo kit that can only be used with the Touareg you own that you must also buy the limited eddition 1999 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 49
# 346
02-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
No one here is crying about anything.

The fact that most of us are trying to put foward is that this type of gating is wrong.

This move by Cryptic was to just test the waters to see if the players would accept this type of item gating.

Once again this really only effects Carrier users becasue it's the only logical ship class that Cryptic could even come close to getting away with this junk with.

The Hanger Attack Ships are Junk and at this point the only real benefit to having them is that they are bigger targets that might take a few more hits for you; however, the fact remains that they can only be used with the Dreadnought Carrier and they should have been given to the Dread owners from the start.

Does anyone else also find it strange that there are no other hanger options for the Recluse? I think the reason is that Cryptic has not found a way to gate them yet.

This move is wrong and it will negatively effect Carrier users going foward has long has Cryptic feels that they can potentially milk more profit out of us by gating our Carriers Hanger support options.

This is like buying a $40,000 2013 Touareg and then being told by the dealer that if you want to add the Turbo kit that can only be used with the Touareg you own that you must also buy the limited eddition 1999 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion


think of it like this : The just released kumari class, with its 5 tactical slots, can only use 3 tac slots unless u buy a 300+ million item to unlock it.

Wouldn't that make you rage??

I know, that after spending my time/effort/money into this game, to then fet gucked like that...... which is why i am no longer pursueing the option of a lifetime sub. this foolishness cost them 300 dollar....
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 852
# 347
02-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roelandm View Post
think of it like this : The just released kumari class, with its 5 tactical slots, can only use 3 tac slots unless u buy a 300+ million item to unlock it.

Wouldn't that make you rage??

I know, that after spending my time/effort/money into this game, to then fet gucked like that...... which is why i am no longer pursueing the option of a lifetime sub. this foolishness cost them 300 dollar....
precisely....its just a messed up gate.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 488
# 348
02-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiar3 View Post
Yea they should make the dread available too for cheap zen or dil for people that don't have it or lobi, no matter how much lobi or $ people bought it for
No.

It's not like making the JHAS-H pets available for purchase to owners of the carrier would have any bearing on people who actually have the JHAS.

If you have the JHAS, you can fly it.

If you have the carrier, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to spend more resources (cash or dilithium) to buy some more interesting hangar pets.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
# 349
02-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Seriously, devs. Give us the damned Attack Ship Hangar. This is ridiculous. You guys KNEW this was a stupid idea when you did it.

I guarantee that someone at that meeting said, "But that's going to piss them off. Especially if we don't tell them and just let them figure it out the hard way. We're seriously just going to be dicks to our paying players?"

To which, the guy at the head of the table undoubtedly replied, "Yes, Jeff. We're going to screw over the players that keep us in business. Again. And we're going to do it, again and again and again, until we have driven this ugly beast we've created into the ground. And we'll keep going. We will continue to tick off our paying customer base until their heads explode from sheer incredulity at our brazen disregard for basic business practices."

"Jesus, Frank... did you take your meds?"

"NO, JULIE! I DID NOT TAKE MY MEDS! HOW ABOUT YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND DO YOUR JOB. THESE ROCKETS AREN'T GOING TO FUEL THEMSELVES, NOW ARE THEY?!?!"

That's how I imagine PWE dev meetings go down.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,164
# 350
02-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintbreak View Post
Seriously, devs. Give us the damned Attack Ship Hangar. This is ridiculous. You guys KNEW this was a stupid idea when you did it.

I guarantee that someone at that meeting said, "But that's going to piss them off. Especially if we don't tell them and just let them figure it out the hard way. We're seriously just going to be dicks to our paying players?"

To which, the guy at the head of the table undoubtedly replied, "Yes, Jeff. We're going to screw over the players that keep us in business. Again. And we're going to do it, again and again and again, until we have driven this ugly beast we've created into the ground. And we'll keep going. We will continue to tick off our paying customer base until their heads explode from sheer incredulity at our brazen disregard for basic business practices."

"Jesus, Frank... did you take your meds?"

"NO, JULIE! I DID NOT TAKE MY MEDS! HOW ABOUT YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND DO YOUR JOB. THESE ROCKETS AREN'T GOING TO FUEL THEMSELVES, NOW ARE THEY?!?!"

That's how I imagine PWE dev meetings go down.
Good point and a good joke.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.