Captain
# 351
02-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintbreak View Post
Seriously, devs. Give us the damned Attack Ship Hangar. This is ridiculous. You guys KNEW this was a stupid idea when you did it.

I guarantee that someone at that meeting said, "But that's going to piss them off. Especially if we don't tell them and just let them figure it out the hard way. We're seriously just going to be dicks to our paying players?"

To which, the guy at the head of the table undoubtedly replied, "Yes, Jeff. We're going to screw over the players that keep us in business. Again. And we're going to do it, again and again and again, until we have driven this ugly beast we've created into the ground. And we'll keep going. We will continue to tick off our paying customer base until their heads explode from sheer incredulity at our brazen disregard for basic business practices."

"Jesus, Frank... did you take your meds?"

"NO, JULIE! I DID NOT TAKE MY MEDS! HOW ABOUT YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND DO YOUR JOB. THESE ROCKETS AREN'T GOING TO FUEL THEMSELVES, NOW ARE THEY?!?!"

That's how I imagine PWE dev meetings go down.
well...they did tell us, its in the blog explainning the dominion lockbox.
Ensign
# 352
02-24-2013, 08:34 PM
I just got the Dreadnought, and I honestly thought this was a bug that I couldn't buy the JHAS pets until I came across this thread.

I get that they said before how to unlock it but at the same time I didn't read that update till now my bad. Now though how am I supposed to get the Attack ship? I don't even want it I just want the hanger pets. this just makes me feel uneasy about spending more money into this game... I really like this game and I don't have a problem with dumping money into it but this just rubs me the wrong way...

I spent so much money getting the Dreadnought, and I may never be able to get a JHAS because they are so rare no matter how much EC I have to spend at the auction.
Ensign
# 353
02-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Just went through the thread and didn't find a SINGLE mod/dev reply...

I have to ask.

DEVS:

I know you understood this was going to piss people off before it was implemented. So why do it? I'm not talking about pissing off just a few people, but everyone that spent the money to get the Dread but didn't already own the JHAS.

Do you people understand that, even though we don't know you personally, some of us actually hate you personally? Not a burning, seething, deep-rooted hatred, mind you. More of a, 'if I saw you bleeding out on the sidewalk, I'd hesitate a few seconds in trying to save your life' hate. But only because I'd momentarily wonder whether it would be a betterment of humankind to ignore the issue, then have my morals (which you don't seem to have) kick in and I'd patch your malicious ass up.

There are some that actually HATE you because of the manipulative and deceptive business practices you employ. I mean they HAAAAAAAATE-hate you and would likely become violent if the words 'Star Trek Online' and 'dev' were uttered in the same sentence in their presence.

Is it ok that you guys have some few people that actually despise your existence? Because of a VIDEO GAME?

I'd probably drink myself to sleep every night if I knew that more than a handful of people loathed every fiber of my being. Especially without ever having met me.

Just saying, devs.

Last edited by paintbreak; 02-25-2013 at 03:23 AM. Reason: extra hate
Empire Veteran
# 354
02-25-2013, 03:53 AM
Something needs to be done about this.

i bought a dreadnaught i thought yay attack bugg hangar pets here we go.

but to my shocking senses i saw u needed to pay 450 million ec roughly 2 years of ec farming to get it.

i was like ERRRRR cryptic insane?

IF you buy a bloody dreadnaught carrier you should be able to buy the Attack bugg hangar pets for dilithium WITHOUT OWNING THE ****TY ATTACK BUGG SHIP.

ffs get ur head out of the sand cryptic and fix this.

GATHER THE WEAPONS GATHER THE FLAMES.

get ready to torch things to get this through..

this is the dilithium removal incident all over again.

cryptic should have a requirement to have a 3 hour emotion session every day before they go to work so they maybe dont attempt to ruin the mood and make people angry every single day.
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Captain
# 355
02-25-2013, 04:15 AM
If you own Bug: attack ship pets for dreadnaught are unlocked and ready for sale.

If you do not own Bug: spend 250 zen to unlock ability to buy attack ship pets.

Is this not reasonable?
Captain
# 356
02-25-2013, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
If you own Bug: attack ship pets for dreadnaught are unlocked and ready for sale.

If you do not own Bug: spend 250 zen to unlock ability to buy attack ship pets.

Is this not reasonable?
Cryptic will find it reasonable for 2000 zen. Not for the unlock, but for each hangar pet as a one-time bound-to-character item.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
So yes... you could get everything here for free.
Just like you can get a free steak dinner by collecting dropped pennies in the parking lot.
Empire Veteran
# 357
02-25-2013, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
Cryptic will find it reasonable for 2000 zen. Not for the unlock, but for each hangar pet as a one-time bound-to-character item.
Sadly this is what I'm thinking has well.

This move just screams Greed pure and simple
Lieutenant
# 358
02-25-2013, 05:54 AM
Its kind of a good thing, since people use them because they look cool, but they are really the worst hangar pet, on the Fed side at least.

If it takes 6-12 months to open them up to everybody, then what, another 6-12 months to make them worth using.

At this point their existence is of no concern. Ill give you mine.
Lieutenant
# 359
02-25-2013, 05:56 AM
350+ replies and still nothing....
Republic Veteran
# 360
02-25-2013, 06:07 AM
I honestly don't see why everyone is so upset. It is your own fault for not reading before making the purchase. It was stated in the blog before the Dominion Lock Box went live.

"Not everyone comes to the website, so how do they expect everyone to know?"

Fair enough.....how about this.

In Game Screenshot of the Dreadnought Description

Notice the last two lines of the last paragraph. It is right there in black and white. All it takes is to right click on the item and read.
Closed Thread