Empire Veteran
# 381
02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
My Jemmy Dreadnought can easily do some Tac Tank, to me it makes the perfect dreadnought...however with the AJHAS-H pets they can tank longer and do some massive threat pull while I buff up or de-buff my enemy.

I only tested this configuration with a friend of mine who allowed me to take a case of the JHAS itself and bump to tribble and test it out. I gave his JHAS back like a non as*h*le......i really wish I was an as*h*le
Most of the Carriers (well KDF) can change Hanger loadouts to suite one of two attack oriented play stlyes.

We can load fighters to use fast attack and have disposable easy to replace damage that offers nothing in the sense of being able to hold argo.

We can also load our Frigate type hanger Support and and give up a bit of the swarm damage and in exchange have some Hanger support that can take a few hits and kick out ok damage over time (Feds dont not have an option to play this style)

I use my ABOP in Elite STF (by choice) and in PVP by (Need)

In the case of the Dread unless you have the Bug ship you can only go with one play style when it comes to your Carriers Hangers and that's small Fighters that pop when they catch a Strong head wind.

In PVE a good carrier player can postion their Carrier in such a way that the NPC can barely get shots off on them.

I use my ABOP in Elite STF and use them to take all the hits for me while I fire on a target with no real fear of it unloading on me, I can't do that with fighters because they pop to fast and I end up being targeted more than I'd like by the NPC.

Other players keep chimming in saying that you don't need Frigate Sized Hanger support and I can only assume that they've never used a Carrier before becasue there is a totally different play mechanic that you can use with them that's darn near impossible to use with Fighters.
Captain
# 382
02-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Most of the Carriers (well KDF) can change Hanger loadouts to suite one of two attack oriented play stlyes.

We can load fighters to use fast attack and have disposable easy to replace damage that offers nothing in the sense of being able to hold argo.

We can also load our Frigate type hanger Support and and give up a bit of the swarm damage and in exchange have some Hanger support that can take a few hits and kick out ok damage over time (Feds dont not have an option to play this style)

I use my ABOP in Elite STF (by choice) and in PVP by (Need)

In the case of the Dread unless you have the Bug ship you can only go with one play style when it comes to your Carriers Hangers and that's small Fighters that pop when they catch a Strong head wind.

In PVE a good carrier player can postion their Carrier in such a way that the NPC can barely get shots off on them.

I use my ABOP in Elite STF and use them to take all the hits for me while I fire on a target with no real fear of it unloading on me, I can't do that with fighters because they pop to fast and I end up being targeted more than I'd like by the NPC.

Other players keep chimming in saying that you don't need Frigate Sized Hanger support and I can only assume that they've never used a Carrier before becasue there is a totally different play mechanic that you can use with them that's darn near impossible to use with Fighters.
while I agree those who do not think frigate sized support is necessary, and while the frigates do some decent good, I believe the devs left us with a placeholder update for the jemmy fighters or maybe just the advanced ones.

i just did a test and though it is not in the patch notes I believe they made it so no one would notice, if you put considerable ammount of power into aux and have the jemmy space set (for low weapon power, power boost thing) those jemmy fighters survive long enough that you can keep pumping them out.

although on a time table, it takes a bit longer for anything to kill the AJHAS-Hpet than it takes to kill the fighters, and even with the fighters you can get hit often.
Lieutenant
# 383
02-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
while I agree those who do not think frigate sized support is necessary, and while the frigates do some decent good, I believe the devs left us with a placeholder update for the jemmy fighters or maybe just the advanced ones.

i just did a test and though it is not in the patch notes I believe they made it so no one would notice, if you put considerable ammount of power into aux and have the jemmy space set (for low weapon power, power boost thing) those jemmy fighters survive long enough that you can keep pumping them out.

although on a time table, it takes a bit longer for anything to kill the AJHAS-Hpet than it takes to kill the fighters, and even with the fighters you can get hit often.
dude for pvp havin a frigate option is way more desirable. 1 beam overload and all ur fighters are gone....

and i thought klink were supposed to be pvp faction.... cryptic fails on so many lvls.....

give frigate nao!!!
Captain
# 384
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roelandm View Post
dude for pvp havin a frigate option is way more desirable. 1 beam overload and all ur fighters are gone....

and i thought klink were supposed to be pvp faction.... cryptic fails on so many lvls.....

give frigate nao!!!
my statment was primarily aimed for PvE, not PvP, in PVP Frigates are damn right sucessful when in advanced forms.
Lieutenant
# 385
02-27-2013, 08:13 AM
and still nothing
Captain
# 386
02-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roelandm View Post
and still nothing
Devs usually stay clear of threadnoughts until there is a good reason, weather it be actualy adressing the issues the threadnoughts are posing, or to state it is WaI.

plus now there is another thread started on this same issue, soon it will be moved into here by either a mod or branflakes.
Empire Veteran
# 387
02-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Devs usually stay clear of threadnoughts until there is a good reason, weather it be actualy adressing the issues the threadnoughts are posing, or to state it is WaI.

plus now there is another thread started on this same issue, soon it will be moved into here by either a mod or branflakes.
The other Thread on this same topic has been around for a couple of days now and has yet to have been moved here.

I'm glad that this issue with the Dread is getting some more exposure.
Survivor of Romulus
# 388
02-27-2013, 10:11 AM
they should just make it account unlock that way its still rare and people dont get shafted for wanting to use a different toon for a certain ship.
Career Officer
# 389
02-27-2013, 10:25 AM
I am not here to offer a grand display of indignance and nerd rage. I am here to state an opinion and a simple fact.

I didn't pay money for the Dreadnought.

I painstakingly farmed Dil on 6 characters for a month and a 1/2 to add to the 120 lobi I already had and make it to 800.

I didn't ask about the JHAS pets because I assumed they will be purchaseable with Dil (for the purple ones) and credits for the blue ones like it is the case with the BoPs on the Klink side.

I was shocked and amazed when I realised that I had grinded for so long and spent 800 lobi on it, only to be denied purchase of the JHAS pet on the grounds that I do not own the Bug ship and that there is no way to be obtained, save for the exchange for a HALF A BILLION.

I find it distastefully greedy on Cryptic's/PWE's part to enforce such a requirement on it on the grounds that they may re-introduce the JHAS in the future or any grounds for that matter.

It is an extorionate business practice on top of an already money grabbing 'gambling' model that should not have been implemented in the first place.

I feel they need to change this milking policy soon, because I am not the only one that is displeased by their strategies.

I won't quit, I paid for a lifetime recently and I will be sticking with it. But I don't have to be happy about what they are doing, do I?

My 2 cents.
Captain
# 390
02-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Well for those who wanna make the best of the dread, I have said this before and will say it again, using the full jemmy space set with dominion weaponry from "boldly they rode" is a great setup, so great it rivals some Fleet Weapons.

you can even lower the weapon power a bit and the jemmy space set will give you a +weapon power for when you lower said weapon power yourself. opens for good shield or aux power settings

in the meantime, it is not as good a carrier as many are lead to believe and as errab said if it were not for the ultra scorpions we would not be in a good carrier.
Closed Thread