Captain
# 391
02-28-2013, 08:16 AM
I went back to my Vo'Quv for a bit and tried out some different strategies, I found it was a better ship than my jemmy dread because of the BoP and how well they held aggro while I was able to mop up a tac cube in ISE.

the jemmy dread needs these damn frigate pets to be unlocked for all!
Empire Veteran
# 392
02-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
I went back to my Vo'Quv for a bit and tried out some different strategies, I found it was a better ship than my jemmy dread because of the BoP and how well they held aggro while I was able to mop up a tac cube in ISE.

the jemmy dread needs these damn frigate pets to be unlocked for all!
I too am back with my Vo'Quv after a month or so in the Recluse also because of the ABOP.

I've yet to unpack the Dread still do to the fact that its Frigate is still being foolishly locked away from me by Cryptic.

If ever there was a Carrier that could use the benefit of having Hanger support that can draw some argo off of it its the Dreadnought.
Survivor of Remus
# 393
02-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umrathama View Post
I discovered after finally getting both the new Jem'Hadar ships that for some reason we are required to also some how also get the Jem'Hadar attack ship to get the new Dill store attack ship fighter.

Am I the only one that has a problem with this? Is this some error?

If it is not a bug or error, then why are we now required to obtain the impossible ship just to be able to acquire these Jem'Hadar attack ship fighters for the new Dread Carrier?
learn to read DEV release notes.

or buy it off the exchange for alot of ec
Captain
# 394
02-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by finious2 View Post

yea it was in the dev blog for describing what the new jemmy ships are all about.
Empire Veteran
# 395
02-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:

Yeah,

I knew all about the gating of the Attack ships when Cryptic made the announcement and I was vocal against it then.

Just because someone announces something does not mean that we must all accept it.
Career Officer
# 396
02-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Yeah,

I knew all about the gating of the Attack ships when Cryptic made the announcement and I was vocal against it then.

Just because someone announces something does not mean that we must all accept it.
I could be wrong, but I think he's referring to reading the Dev post that says they're working on bringing the JAS back for another round of availability.
Captain
# 397
02-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think he's referring to reading the Dev post that says they're working on bringing the JAS back for another round of availability.
nah it was a response to a post stating they didn't know the JHAS-H pets were locked away, and a dev blog explained that it was.

he was basically telling him to go read it.
Lieutenant
# 398
02-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:

another short sighted individual here, who doesnt see that this will prolly start happening to ALL ships....

the ends (more $$) justify the means (locking vital shipparts away)

next patch u have to pay to unlock half ur boffs. or weaponslots. or consoles.....
Captain
# 399
02-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
This is not a solution. The Bug will end up costing more than the Dreadnaught no matter what.

I don't want to fly a Bug. The only reason to own one for me is to unlock the Dreadnaught's pets. This is worth about 250-500 zen at best. But that makes the Bug too cheap for people that are willing to pay much more to actually fly the ship. The simplest, most logical solution is to simply remove the requirement of owning the Bug in order for people who just want the pets.
Career Officer
# 400
02-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
This is not a solution. The Bug will end up costing more than the Dreadnaught no matter what.

I don't want to fly a Bug. The only reason to own one for me is to unlock the Dreadnaught's pets. This is worth about 250-500 zen at best. But that makes the Bug too cheap for people that are willing to pay much more to actually fly the ship. The simplest, most logical solution is to simply remove the requirement of owning the Bug in order for people who just want the pets.
Unless they can see a visible loss of revenue from not doing so they will keep the current system most likely, maybe if enough players put some pressure on but most likely they will wait to move on this until after the JHAS is put out for sale again.

Lets face facts here if they put the JHAS out again there will be a lot of Dready-owners for whom the temptation will be to great and who sill subsequently spend a fair amount of money on whatever item the JHAS will be in. I am thinking that is a Pay Day they don't want to miss.
Closed Thread