# 1 DJ Gir Aiynd's Dance Party
01-26-2013, 04:52 PM
MISSION PULLED

Be clear folks.
I did this to make a point.
The final dialog from the mission can be found in this post

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=17

Be a dear and read it.

Peace, Love and Warm Soft Pretzels (I love those things)
-HippieJohn

DJ Gir Aiynd's Dance Party
by HippieJohn

Come get your loots.
Fresh Hot Loots here.
Enemies that won't fight back
If you haven't hit that daily loot cap, you'll get lotsa loots.
FREE Loots !
from enemies that don't fight back.

Grinders are the wave of the future.
Come get your loots

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-27-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Captain
# 2
01-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Come get your loots.
Fresh Hot Loots here.
Enemies that won't fight back
If you haven't hit that daily loot cap, you'll get lotsa loots.
FREE Loots !
from enemies that don't fight back.
grinders are the wave of the future.

DJ Gir Aiynd's Dance Party
by HippieJohn

come get your loots
I scored nearly half a million energy credits from your mission, and I didn't have to earn any of it. And that was on Normal! Thanks Hippy. When my Foundry loot timer resets, I'll play it on Elite.

With missions like yours, I'll never, ever, ever need to buy Zen or give PWE any $$$.

Yes, that's right, I will never again be tempted to spend real money to support this game or Cryptic employees. Thank you! My wallet thanks you!

Now I'm off to buy a master key on the exchange. Thanks again!

Last edited by kirksplat; 01-26-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
01-26-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks Hippy !

That was the most challenging mission I've ever done. Do you know how hard it is to read while your eyes are all watered up? And my sides hurt... never get that with other farming missions.

Kinda scared to try it on elite.... will save up for some purple Mk XII equipment before attempting it at that level.

Now gotta go change my shorts.....
Click link at right and add your support!
Lieutenant
# 4
01-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks! Excellent, I got 200k EC.
" Nature Decays, but latinum lasts forever."
Original Handle: @Q400
Career Officer
# 5
01-26-2013, 08:23 PM
560k.

I feel like I need a shower after running this.

**Addendum: Having seen Brandon's comment in another thread about these being under investigation, I hope to see the foundry's integrity restored sooner rather than later.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 01-26-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
01-26-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm overloading on exclamation points!!!

Thank you hippiejohn, you have truely shown me the light.

I used to like playing games, I used to enjoy putting hours and days into writing and creating Foundry missions, I used to enjoy story, nuance, and the use of skill in combat. I used to enjoy using my brain.

But I realized something when I played this mission. I've been doing it all wrong!!! All the answers to the universe lie in vendoring greens I get from creating chain explosions of defenseless captain level mobs over, and over, and over.

I hope Gene Roddenberry is listening, wherever he is...
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 7
01-26-2013, 09:03 PM
BUMMER.
Immediately after cashing in all my holiday commodities and buying 2 blocks of keys my power supply died.

Gonna be a week before the new one arrives from California, can ya save me some loot ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 8
01-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I'm overloading on exclamation points!!!

Thank you hippiejohn, you have truely shown me the light.

I used to like playing games, I used to enjoy putting hours and days into writing and creating Foundry missions, I used to enjoy story, nuance, and the use of skill in combat. I used to enjoy using my brain.

But I realized something when I played this mission. I've been doing it all wrong!!! All the answers to the universe lie in vendoring greens I get from creating chain explosions of defenseless captain level mobs over, and over, and over.

I hope Gene Roddenberry is listening, wherever he is...
It is the effect of the explosions. They are mesmerizing. Watching that exchange notification is also mesmerizing. What isn't fun is actually listing all the junk on the exchange. Now, that is actual work. I guess that I could just discard the stuff and be happy with 200k ECs instead of 400k.

Listing all the consoles is the worst of all. Only 5900 ECs each, for all the work it takes to find them in the exchange and ask the lowest price!!!

I wish Cryptic would make the exchange more user-friendly. It shouldn't be so much work to list the stuff that I got for free with no effort. It should be as easy to sell it.

Please, just let me fire a photon and get a master key. I'm sick of trying to type the word: Polaron. Or is it Poloran... dangit I forgot to put the "Mk" in the search.

Why is it so hard???

EDIT: Authors, I've told you the team is investigating this. I'm not sure what more I can do But, the passive-aggressive posts are not helping, and quite frankly, I'm actually really disappointed that such respected members of the Foundry community are resorting to threads and posts like this. I understand you're frustrated, and I've heard you loud and clear -- I've passed along your feedback, and the team is investigating. I'd suggest you take a look at how your voices are contributing to the issue, as from how I see it, you're not helping your cause. Thank you. -Brandon

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-26-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
01-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
EDIT: Authors, I've told you the team is investigating this. I'm not sure what more I can do But, the passive-aggressive posts are not helping, and quite frankly, I'm actually really disappointed that such respected members of the Foundry community are resorting to threads and posts like this. I understand you're frustrated, and I've heard you loud and clear -- I've passed along your feedback, and the team is investigating. I'd suggest you take a look at how your voices are contributing to the issue, as from how I see it, you're not helping your cause. Thank you. -Brandon

So, first off, thank you for informing us that someone is aware and investigating this. There really isn't anything else you can do. Seriously, thank you for the information.
You have to understand where this is all coming from though, right ?
I mean, you have to.

For more than a year, people quietly reported the previous interation of the exploits. A whole lot of people hit that little 'report' button a whole lot. And for more than a year, there was no change, and when it was finally addressed by the team at Cryptic, we were blamed for allowing it to continue. Dan Stahl himself said something along the lines of "the functionality for reporting it was there all along ... We had hoped that the player base would police themselves ..." I could go find the exact moment in an interview that he off handedly blames the community for the clickies.

SO, this time, we have opted to be a lot more loud about it. Sorry if that is disappointing, but ...

Over a year to fix the clicky exploit. I never once in that time saw even so much as "the team is aware and they are investigating." And when it was addressed. We were casually blamed.

Our current approach has yielded now TWO responses from you. We now been informed that the team is investigating. That's more than we've ever gotten in the past.

If you being disappointed in us is the price we must pay, then so be it.

Now, personally, I don't care if the team comes back and says "We've investigated. No changes" at least we will know that it was looked at, and the issue was taken seriously. Just knowing that you guys are looking at it, is actually enough for me.

A little bit of communication goes a long way.

For my part, I'll be quiet now, and just again say Thanks, Man, it really means a lot having you come and communicate what's going on.

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-26-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
01-27-2013, 04:43 AM
As for this mission, I won't be partaking it in myself, although perhaps it is making a valid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Can you please give them our feedback about grinders dominating the mission list, as well. Even the non-exploit grinds are dominating everything. It's not even that people shouldn't be allowed to play the grinds if they want, but we really need our longer, story-centric missions to be on equal footing in terms of reward (ie: larger reward for longer missions).

Fleet marks seem to be hard to come by outside of the Foundry, and that is contributing to the interest in grind missions: if something is done to increase FMs awarded outside the Foundry, that may help. In addition, increasing the cool down on the Foundry wrapper might be warranted. In a way, I hate the solution, but if the atcool down was an hour instead it would mean that there would be less incentive to play the shortest qualifying missions.

And, perhaps more importantly, we need additional categories in the Foundry for story missions, for those who do enjoy playing them. Having separate tabs for story centric missions and combat centric missions would allow for the people who want to just blow things up to have fun, while also allowing those who enjoy stories to find what they're looking for.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 01-27-2013 at 04:47 AM.