Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Stupid things to do in STO
01-27-2013, 01:16 AM
I am sure most of us have seen the trailer for the soon-ish to be out JJ trek film. What I noticed ... was : Suicide. Lots of it. Loads of people thought it was ok to jump of tall things. Those dead people you see, in their coffins, were probably star fleet officers who realised JJ Trek existed and decided to jump of a building or something. In STO , it is sort of fun when you jump off somewhere high and get damage. What I want to do is ask you guys where is the place I can get the highest jump from?

The one I think is high is : Go to quarks bar, then go to the top and JUMMMMMPPP!!!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 2
01-27-2013, 01:18 AM
A higher spot: Andoria, the rock straight ahead of the spawn point.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 3
01-27-2013, 01:59 AM
On Vulcan, the hilltop temple, walk out past the Historian, and you can do a running jump off the rock spire and land by the fountain below! ^_^

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 4
01-27-2013, 03:10 AM
I have the number for a quiet little therapist on SOL if any of you need it
Career Officer
# 5
01-27-2013, 03:42 AM
Has anyone found a jump that will actually kill you? I've never gotten below about 1/3 health.

Porthos is not amused.
Rihannsu
# 6
01-27-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Has anyone found a jump that will actually kill you? I've never gotten below about 1/3 health.
I think you can only get KOed in combat missions. I watched my HP bar carefully the last time I jumped off Mt Selaya. It looked like it dropped to 0 then it immediaely jumped back up to 1/3....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
01-27-2013, 04:41 AM
Assuming it's no different from Champions, falls can't kill you no matter how high you are.
# 8
01-27-2013, 03:09 PM
I haven't been killed by fall damage even when landing in a pool of acid and getting shot at by Tholians.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I think you can only get KOed in combat missions. I watched my HP bar carefully the last time I jumped off Mt Selaya. It looked like it dropped to 0 then it immediaely jumped back up to 1/3....
A friend and I decided to find the highest place in STO and jump off.... So we got onto this cliff on Vulcan. I mean, we were really high. Jumped off the first time and took 350-400 damage. We never got killed though. And we never got much more than 400.
"Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
Elim Garak
Commander
# 10
01-28-2013, 07:11 AM
I created a map on Foundry and Published it just to test this theory.
It was so high that the Ground map was just this little blurry square in the distance and when I jumped I felt my gut rise... kinda wierd given it's a game but I'm sure I'm not the only one... but anyway... nothing, it always takes you down to minimal health but never kills you.

I felt like that nerd in Goldeneye; "I AM INVINCIBLE"
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES