Lt. Commander
# 21
01-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Has anyone found a jump that will actually kill you? I've never gotten below about 1/3 health.
I forget the specific mission name, but in the Dominion "2800" arc, in the mission where you retreive the Founder from the prison, jumping off of one of the "force bridges" will kill you.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Ah, the good old days of City of Heroes, when the default for Teleport Friend was not to prompt. I used to accept unsolicited team invites, go to the top of a building, and TF lowbies into the air over higher-level mobs. Good times!
Hehe, my favorite CoH falling game was the Cascade Archipelago Base Jumping. I'd get a character with maxed out Superjump, go to the highest floating rock in the zone, and jump all the way down to the lowest "island" in the zone. Was arouns a 2-minute fall, iirc. :p
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
01-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We can create a volume that kills you instantly (as in 4028)
I would like that. And if it were in the foundry and I could make the map pitch black I would make a mission call "You might get eaten by a grue"
Career Officer
# 24
01-28-2013, 04:06 PM
A thought on simulating fall damage for devs:

Create a volume above jump height for the ground.

Passing through it causes a character to die about 2 seconds later by placing a DOT effect on the character.

Someone moving along the ground would not pass through the volume.

Someone jumping off a cliff would pass through the volume. Further, you could have players using flight boots/parachutes/etc. in your games be immune to the damage set by the volume effect.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 25
01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
:::scratches his taco:::
It's not that we CAN'T have falling damage kill you. . . it's that it doesn't currently. We're not trying to find a method to turn it on. . . :::is confused:::
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Rihannsu
# 26
01-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqqqii View Post
I forget the specific mission name, but in the Dominion "2800" arc, in the mission where you retreive the Founder from the prison, jumping off of one of the "force bridges" will kill you.
Tumerboy of Tacofangs explained that one. Facility 4028 has a special feature that kills you when you drop down to a certain point. You don't actually die from falling.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 27
01-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
It's not that we CAN'T have falling damage kill you. . . it's that it doesn't currently. We're not trying to find a method to turn it on. . . :::is confused:::
"DIE, YOU DAMN TOONS... DIE..., DIE..., DIE!!!!"

(another new Cryptic Company Motto thought up today)

<chuckle>
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-28-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 28
01-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
I figured the lack of it was a design consideration much like the sometimes weird/inconsistent beam-up/warp-out on map transition.

Ie. You didn't want it to always kill people so you didn't have it kill people anywhere.

My suggestion was just a way to have places where it can be manually set to work. I think that makes a certain amount of sense in adventure zones.
Captain
# 29
01-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Quote:
We can create a volume that kills you instantly (as in 4028)
At the risk of taking the thread further off-topic, I would love to have something like that in the Foundry.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Community Moderator
# 30
01-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
At the risk of taking the thread further off-topic, I would love to have something like that in the Foundry.
Off topic? In the off topic forum? OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google