Career Officer
# 11
01-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Ah, question answered - thanks!

There seems to be a slightly higher chance to get Common (white) MK XII gear in a group of five players whilst doing missions (especially patrol missions come to mind). I'd ask Fleetmates doing the Romulan reputation-system if they could save me a few weapons should they chance to meet them as most other players will be simply selling that loot. I for one needed a rather empty inventory when I did the Tau Dewa patrol - and there were always a few MK XII commons in the loot. Albeit sometimes with the modifiers, though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
01-29-2013, 03:21 AM
There will be a level cap raise this year near Christmas, as far as I know, and then you can get MK XII from any enemy in any area since they level up with you to 60.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
01-29-2013, 04:32 AM
Why not go for blue MK11 gear? It will be the same as common white MK12 gear....

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Commander
# 14
01-29-2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afreeby View Post
One reason I want white over green is because the XII equipment does not have any modifiers.
If I do find any white MkXII Photon Launchers I will let you know via the forum.

My first thought was that you were going to be doing a load of testing, hence the gear without modifiers. But you said that you were equiping older ships. Anyway, if you are doing testing, please be aware that Borticus (and a Dev) have confirmed that not all modifiers are being applied correctly when used with all powers. Fire at Will was the one power originally identified, but it did sound as if it might not be an isolated case. So if that is what you were planning on testing you might want to hang fire for a bit.

And if you were just setting up your ships this way on a whim, hopefully the community can help
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2013, 07:15 AM
I've been averaging about one a day off the exchange, got lucky this morning in that there were two of them for only 60k ec! Felt like christmas.
Commander
# 16
01-29-2013, 07:53 AM
question
are you trying to collect these items for other characters of yours or are you trying to collect to do stfs on elite with common gear in pugs which has been an well more of a common thing(pun intended) trying to make them harder for thoses who rush through them in 6 8 minutes?

hmm
Rihannsu
# 17
01-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afreeby View Post
One reason I want white over green is because the XII equipment does not have any modifiers.
Interesting why is that? More modifiers normally = better weapon.

For MK XII gear to go N'Vak system on the KDF side. its the KDF only version of Kerrat so it tends to be deserted. Just go and complete the mission and get the gear. (Be warned its a KDF vs KDF area so random players in BoPs might jump you from time to time).
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2013, 10:23 AM
I would not bring XII common to an STF.

Thank you for the advice tlamstrike, I will check it out.