Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,099
# 31
01-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
Sometimes that is true, however many, many times the voices on Forums have swayed decisions being made by Devs whether it be prior to or post a bad decision/mistake/nerf/patch/whatever. You can easily take S7 as a prime example, when the Devs decided to implement the drop rate changes and remove DIL from STF despite being told repeatedly it would cripple the game and piss off the player base something fierce. They were forced to backtrack slightly and return DIL and drops to STF encounters, because people complained and righteously so.
Hate to break it to you, but the change to the STF drop rate was not because the forums.

At first Cryptic announced they were cutting down on the Dil for STFs, and the forums raged and were angry "How dare they nerf our Dil"

Then Cryptic did the greatest switch since new coke....They said the were going to get rid of Dil all together form STFs and the Forums raged some more....then Cryptic came back and said ok we are going to put it back to what they originally had plan and the forums praised Cryptic for being great and understanding.

Cryptic pretty much did what a mother would do when their child wont stop crying about candy

Kid: I want the whole bag of candy

Mom: no I'll give you 3 pieces

Kid: no i want all of it.

Mom: how about you getting nothing

Kid: waaaaaaahhhhh not fair

Mom: fine I'll give you 3 pieces

Kid: you're the best mommy ever.


That pretty much sums up S7 and Dil in STFs.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 203
# 32
01-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Hate to break it to you, but the change to the STF drop rate was not because the forums.

At first Cryptic announced they were cutting down on the Dil for STFs, and the forums raged and were angry "How dare they nerf our Dil"

Then Cryptic did the greatest switch since new coke....They said the were going to get rid of Dil all together form STFs and the Forums raged some more....then Cryptic came back and said ok we are going to put it back to what they originally had plan and the forums praised Cryptic for being great and understanding.

Cryptic pretty much did what a mother would do when their child wont stop crying about candy

Kid: I want the whole bag of candy

Mom: no I'll give you 3 pieces

Kid: no i want all of it.

Mom: how about you getting nothing

Kid: waaaaaaahhhhh not fair

Mom: fine I'll give you 3 pieces

Kid: you're the best mommy ever.


That pretty much sums up S7 and Dil in STFs.
Right on, thanks for making my point even clearer
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 33
01-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Then Cryptic did the greatest switch since new coke....They said the were going to get rid of Dil all together form STFs and the Forums raged some more....then Cryptic came back and said ok we are going to put it back to what they originally had plan and the forums praised Cryptic for being great and understanding..
Very true, except for one thing. The loot boxes at the end were put back in specifically at the forums request.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,099
# 34
01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
Right on, thanks for making my point even clearer
That Cryptic got what they wanted all along, glad i could clear that up for you.


Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,099
# 35
01-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Very true, except for one thing. The loot boxes at the end were put back in specifically at the forums request.
Good to know the forums win battles and not wars.


Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,119
# 36
01-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Yes, everything that you need to buy with 'special' currencies (dil, Zen, lobi, fleet credits) needs to be bound to account. Cryptic probably thinks that they are making more by making them character bound, but I would think it just means people forgo bothering to get things instead. I know that's the case for me.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 37
01-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Yes, everything that you need to buy with 'special' currencies (dil, Zen, lobi, fleet credits) needs to be bound to account. Cryptic probably thinks that they are making more by making them character bound, but I would think it just means people forgo bothering to get things instead. I know that's the case for me.
As it is for me. There are quite a few things I would absolutely love to have, but the fact that they're single character only prevents me from even trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Good to know the forums win battles and not wars.
Heh.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 38
01-29-2013, 06:11 PM
I would like to add that I would love to be able to use the Ferengi and Korath outfits on my opposite faction bridge officer.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,170
# 39
01-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post


all it's done is made people less likely to make new characters, or not buy the items at all. I'd bet a very large sum of money that players would buy a lot more Lobi Store, and Lockbox items if they were account wide.
That has been the case for me. As long as lobi are character bound, I'm not likely to open any more boxes.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,125
# 40
01-30-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm in the camp of I don't even bother with lockboxes. Firstly the gambling element I dislike, but even if I look at it from a valuation stand point I can't open boxes on one character then get totally screwed when another character needs the lobi at some unpredictable point in the future. So I just don't partake in it, along with many others, they keep ignoring the C store and we watch the zen value fall more and more They need to balance the sales out, some people won't pay for anything, some won't do the lock boxes, they keep alienating their customers.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 PM.