Ensign
I power lvl'd a Ferengi Sci alt to be my "broker". The idea being I'd get him in a fast ship to zoom around the galaxy & use the lobes trait to get the best prices on commodities and such. I chose Science because according to STO Wiki, Scientific Aptitude is supposed to give you a bonus to run speed. Well, Ive hit level 44 and it does no such thing. Very nice buff, but no run speed bonus.
At least I got the frosty boots from the winter event. But still. This sucks
Ensign
# 2
01-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Furthermore, is anyone aware of any other ways to increase walk/run speed? I know tac boffs & captains have a kit ability, but other than that?
Commander
# 3
01-26-2013, 02:17 PM
The Frosted Boots from the recent Winter event improves your run speed.
Commander
# 4
01-26-2013, 02:27 PM
tbh the wiki is outdated in many places i'm not sure if it used to give a runspeed boost but been playing science for months and never seen any run boost
Captain
# 5
01-26-2013, 03:19 PM
It doesn't give a runspeed bonus, what it does do is give you a resistance to control effects such as Electro Gravitic field and other things that would cause a root or a slow.

The only ways to travel faster are to run when at red alert, using the frosted boots or by either using or being near a tactical captain who uses Motion Accelerator.
Captain
# 6
01-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Bear in mind with frosted boots, you do get to your destination faster, but more often than not you may overshoot your target - the trick is to turn off the boots while still running a few metres before your destination - you regain traction almost instantly.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread