Commander
# 1 Please help with some keybinds
11-08-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong area... I've tried to find a thread that deals specifically with keybinds but my searchfu is not strong apparently.

I would like to know if there is a command that lets me see if my CombatLog is on, or off.

I also would like to keybind Ctrl+Alt+C to turn on my Combat log on, and include feedback in my chat window telling the log is on...and Ctrl+Shift+C to turn off my CombatLog, with feedback telling me the log is off.

Can someone pleas help?

Thank you.

Update:
I figured out how to find the state of the CombatLog. It shows in the window I have System feedback on when I tyep "/CombatLog".
I would like to know if there is a way to capture that and send it in a tell to me, so I don't have to have System Feedback on. Because all that yellow text just fills my chat window.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=96550022000&type=sigpic&dateline=13659  55208

Last edited by astimingpyle; 11-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-08-2013, 10:12 AM
The easiest way to maintain keybinds is to place them all within the same file. This is a generic text file located within your Star Trek Online/Live program folder. You can then load this file in the game using /bind_load_file <filename>.txt

Bindfile: CombatLot.txt
Control+Alt+c "combatLog 1 $$ Playersay Combat log is on."
Control+Shift+c "combatLog 0 $$ Playersay Combat log is off."

I think these binds are what you're looking for, although I am not ingame to test if they are correct. I also don't know a way to send yourself a tell, but these do give you a little chat bubble above your character that will tell you if it's on or off. I am unsure if other players can see this, but I haven't had anyone yet comment on my own.
Commander
# 3
11-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Thank you very much!
So, "Playersay," it acts kind of like an emote, do others see what I say when use it? If so, is there a way I can send a tell to myself or some otherway to note to myself alone and not to others near me that I turned my combatlog on or off?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=96550022000&type=sigpic&dateline=13659  55208
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
do others see what I say when use it?
I don't think so. I use it so I know when I switch my mousewheel between camera zoom and throttle control, but no one has ever mentioned it.