Captain
# 11
01-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lex0001 View Post
Im still new to crafting, but dont u have to buy unreplicatable and uncommon parts with dil?
And? The dil cost would be worth it in many cases.

But tbh, most mk XII purple consoles don't give you that much of a bonus over mk XI and mk XII blues to really make them worth the cost. At least as they are now. Let's take a quick look at an example of this:

Neutronium Alloy mk XI: ~220k ECs on exchange, can be crafted for 7950 Dil and some purple crafting junk (my fleet has so damn many I just don't even pay attention at this point), gives +17.5 to all hull resists

Neutronium Alloy mk XII: ~4.5-8 million ECs on exchange, can be crafted for ~1.8 mil ECs (Children's Toys, 100k ECs for each rare-trace, 800k for the Strange Alien Artifact, ~50% chance if you have good DOffs), gives +18.8 to all hull resists

Neutrnonium Alloy mk XII: ~30 million ECs on exchange, can be crafted for ~1.8 mil ECs (Children's Toys, same cost as mk XII blue, ~20-25% chance with good DOffs), gives +20 to all hull resists.

So looking at it from mk XI blue to mk XII blue, you gain a 7.1% increase in effectiveness for a ~2000% increase in cost (minimum), and mk XII blue to mk XII purple, you gain a 6% increase for a ~400% increase in cost (minimum). Going from mk XI blue to mk XII purple, you gain a 12.5% increase in effectiveness for a ~13650% increase in cost. Um... what?

XD

Anyways, tl;dr/don't want to think about math outside of class (as any college student will appreciate), the increase in effectiveness of these consoles doesn't really warrant either their cost or their usage at said cost.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 12
01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
Perhaps the high dil cost won't be that much of a problem, if players can craft MKXII very rare consoles, and this may bring back ole good crafting fun back to the game.

I guess you can get these from fleet store. The only place you can get them is exchange and the costs are unexceptionally high.
Well, once built Embassys are providing better than crafted/doffed MK xii consoles. Admittedly its a select range, but the Devs have indicated that there will be future holdings and releasing MK XII consoles so the range will get better, overtime and make crafting and doffing for top end consoles a bit redundant.

With the lvl cap increase. I really don't want to see mk xii become equivalant to mk x uncommon, and we start chasing mk xiv consoles.