Starfleet Veteran
# 11
02-04-2013, 03:42 PM
ill give my tip/ advice on use of tt, dont use it to buff damge. instead use it to disto sheilds. when you look at what tt does best it, should show you its more defensive in nature. sure it will boost weps but its so minor.
Career Officer
# 12
02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm loathe to post this in case the Devs nerf if, but since it's already been posted elsewhere on the forums:

Selling stuff to the Dilithium store under the 'Hanger Pets' tab gets you the same 50% you get from selling to Lessa in ESD - if I'd known that sooner I'd probably have made hundreds of thousands (millions?) more EC than I have from throwing full inventorys into the replicator...
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
# 13
02-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Selling stuff to the Dilithium store under the 'Hanger Pets' tab gets you the same 50% you get from selling to Lessa in ESD
Any bartender in the galaxy so far has paid 50% to me.

Also a nice tip I was given was to pick up the missions you normally do even if you don't plan on doing them right away. That way when you get the time to do them, you can run them twice since the timer starts from when you pick them up.
Republic Veteran
# 14
02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
To split a stack of items:

Hold down ctrl (or was it shift?) and drag the stack to another open slot in your inventory.
Captain
# 15
02-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I only discovered the auto fire the other day myself. Man has that made things easier.

The auto buy thing is great to know.

Wasnt there a way to set Boffs to automatically pick up loot for you as well?
# 16
02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I didn't know that one.
Nor did I...three years later. D'oh.
Career Officer
# 17
02-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Oh, here's a good one:

For the Romulan/Omega Reputation - if the projects you've got running will advance you a Tier (Tier 1-2, 2-3, whatever), make sure you have the 'File Situation Report...' and 'Support Colonization...' projects queued - this has two benefits:

1) When you next go to select your projects you'll be able to select a second 'File Situation Report' or 'Support Colonization' - these are the 2000 XP projects so it gives you a jump on the next Tier (and saves you a few days over the time it takes to do the whole rep system).

2) Secondly, the project you've just queued will require the resources for the Tier it was queued in so it'll save you some Marks/Expertise/ECs too
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 02-08-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Ensign
# 18
02-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Another one for Khitomer Space:

-If you stay 5km away from Donatra she wont cloak, making the battle much faster.

-There are missions available all across the galaxy. You can activate them all, even if youve already done them, and then if you want to go somewhere, make the mission thats closest to the area you wish to travel as your primary mission. Then you can (for some EC) transwarp almost anywhere.

-The temporal ambassador mission grants you access to Tau Dewa sector well before you reach level cap. You can pick up any Tau Dewa specific Doff missions once youre there.
Captain
# 19
02-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Another tip about queues:

if a fleetmate doesn't take the "engage" button when you are in a public queue, doing in pvp->challenge->leave, you can clear all queues, pve and pvp ones
Of course, all team members must do it.
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Captain
# 20
02-12-2013, 05:51 AM
If by accident you que into a SFT and you dont want to go for what ever reason
switch characters or log out for 60 seconds, and you dont go or get any penality

The cheepest place to buy reputation items like stembolts is the cargo ship right just ahead of you when you leave space dock ( Cargo Ship )

switch power to shields before you make a mine strafing run on donatra and she wont cloak, Warp plasma has no effect on donatra

If you stay 9.5 away from any gate it wont shoot you

If you drag a item from inventory to the exchange search bar you can find that item on the exchange

NEVER never never buy anything from the ( all ) catagory on the exchange its way over priced

Ship repair parts are cheep in the shipyard , Hypos and regenerators are cheep across from the tailor on earth space dock, putting these in your Bank will allow you to repair/Heal wounds at a STF, Hypos you must carry on you

You can do contraband missions at the center of earth spacedock at the security officer

Log in and out the ( OLD ) way and your fleet chat will not be bugged if you use switch character it will be bugged

Have Fun
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse