Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Holy hell this is an EUREKA moment.

*goes to supplying the Starbase 3 times faster*
I know right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
If you stay 9.5 away from any gate it wont shoot you
If you attack from the side of a gate you can attack from >7.5km away without being attacked. Under the gate is even less I think.

With Donatra, if she does cloak, Aceton assimilators will give away her position with their siphon tendril pointing to her. Also fighters will closely circle around her. Any mines dropped near her when cloaked will track her down.

You can survive a blast of her Thalaron weapon if you have the Barrier Field Generator Console.

I use Aceton Assimilators against (targetable) heavy torps as area denial devices. 5km radius. Heavy torps often don't have the HP to shrug off the 86 hp or so dps the assimilator does to them. Haven't hard to worry about incoming heavy torps in ages. Only Bio-neurals and the massive plasma torps the Unimatrix ships launch can shrug it off. Makes the romulan plasma torp in PvP useless.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser

Last edited by eradicator84; 02-13-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
02-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Huh.........learn something new everyday........good thread
Empire Veteran
# 23
02-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
If you stay 9.5 away from any gate it wont shoot you
You also do much less damage and your teammates will curse your name.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lieutenant
# 24
02-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Dil store nerfed today.
Captain
# 25
02-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
Speaking of autofire, I notice there is now a "maintain" option that's supposed to autofire while I hold the fire button down, then stop when I release it. An excellent feature.

Too bad it doesn't actually work, and instead makes it impossible to stop shooting at all.
This sounds like a better option than Autofire mode since you can better control the argo you get. You can get a chance to set your target first, then activate "maintain".

For example, when you are taking out regenerators but don't want the cube to start attacking you because your autofire started firing on the cube before your can set the next regenerator as the next target..
Lieutenant
# 26
02-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechala1 View Post
Dil store nerfed today.
Wait... what?

Also, some very handy tips here for a beginner like myself.
Lieutenant
# 27
02-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vactuskasun View Post
Wait... what?

Also, some very handy tips here for a beginner like myself.
Nerf's probably the wrong word here.

Using the dil store to sell items was "fixed" today. So maybe a new word like "de-convenienced" would be a better way to put it.
Career Officer
# 28
02-28-2013, 03:26 PM
As far as borg gates go, if you get directly under one, you can get to 2km without being fired upon.

Don't waste money on Z-store ships ( unless it has a console you just can't live without) until you hit lvl. 50. Why waste money on a ship you're only going to use for 10 levels?

Don't upgrade your ships until you get to 45+. Use the gear that comes with it. Sell all your drop items up until this point, on the exchange if you can get more than 50% listed value for it, otherwise, to a vendor. Don't spend 1 ec you don't have to before lvl. 45. Gear gets really expensive once you hit MK XI and higher, and you're going to need that money then.

The tactical team BOFF skill is your best friend. I use it on every ship I have, without exception.
Captain
# 29
03-01-2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
You also do much less damage and your teammates will curse your name.
Not in a torpedo boat.
Empire Veteran
# 30
03-05-2013, 04:31 AM
don't trust ferengi vendors and their prices in Dorzana.
How to really behave in online forums with developers