Lieutenant
# 1 Bugged Romulan Daily?
01-03-2013, 10:10 PM
http://snag.gy/42Oz4.jpg

I have arrived at the designated coordinates, and I cannot find the satellite. Am I to presume that the Tal Shiar have stolen it? D:
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-03-2013, 11:39 PM
look above or below your ship in that area.....i did the same thing when i first ddi that mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Community Moderator
# 3 Moved thread
01-04-2013, 08:37 AM
This thread has been moved to the Missions subforum for feedback.

Maybe Cryptic needs to make the objective easier to find, or adjust positioning somehow?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lieutenant
# 4
01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
I did indeed look up and down, couldn't see anything o.o
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Let's see if I can explain this..

You need to go alot "higher" than your starting position.

I use to aim for the area with the satellite from the starting position, but in a 45 degree ish climbing path.

Continue like that until you cleared the planet (you can barely make it), then level out.

Now you should be able to atleast see the satellite in the area it's supposed to be in on map. If you can't you probably need to go bit higher.
Career Officer
# 6
01-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Actually all you need to do is check your mini-map. There should be a small grey arrow showing the direction of the satellite. Always works for me.
Career Officer
# 7
01-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valarauko43 View Post
Actually all you need to do is check your mini-map. There should be a small grey arrow showing the direction of the satellite. Always works for me.
Once you'r inside the 'circle' - there is no arrow on screen any longer; but as others have said (and this is true in all missions) those circles are 2D representations; so if you're looking for an object/base/etc. to complete a mission objective; and you're at the center of the circle and don't see it - usually it'll be above or below your position (and sometimes you still may not see it from where you're at); and the only fix is to spiral up, or spiral down, until you find it.

(And as someone who's done this mission a few times; from your screenshot and the orientation of the planet - the object is above your ship.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 8
01-24-2013, 11:30 AM
I can't believe this bug is still around. I found the satellite about halfway between the planet and the waypoint, the day the mission went live.

I never replayed the mission because of it.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 9
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
I just completed that mission minutes ago to verify what i said earlier. So, I will say it like this. As soon as I arrived at the Carraya system and the the warp in animation was done I could see the satellite to the right of the battle, from my warp in p.o.v. After defeating the Tal Shiar the satellite was approx. 19km away. The arrow displayed just fine. Just so you know, I always accept both the patrol and scan missions since they are mostly in the same systems. I do the patrol portion first ( defeat "x" ships), then the scan. Never failed to find the satellite this way.
Commander
# 10
01-28-2013, 12:48 AM
few days late but..
press v fellas gives that nice shiny light to follow to location/to data samples so if data collect them keep following till it guides you home