Career Officer
# 51
01-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
I'm not normally one to call for compensation, but in this situation I think we should get a box of refined dilth or 500 zen or something along those lines.
I'm no sockpuppet or great defender of Cryptic, but compensation for a couple of hours of server downtime? Nah.

Relax everyone. GO OUTSIDE ffs!
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I agree, compensation for all affected should be in order. When my Second Life had problems with its bank transfer system, I recieved 2000 Linden as compensation and an apology from Linden Labs.

Cryptic probably do not think that they are here to serve the customer, not the other way around. When you are paying for that service and its not working, you can be liable to sue them.

I am a Sub and I am paying for this, so some compensation is in order.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 53
01-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelley View Post
Disheartening to see the Devs and staff are more interested in self aggrandisement and self advertising, instead of actually working on a major fault that's stopping half the world logging in.

There's a thread over 200 pages long about this fault, but instead they are busy posting back slapping features.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...41232&page=202

Really shows where their priorities lie, and it's nowhere near decent customer service.
I've made many posts in that thread keeping players updated, and we've also posted a giant notice at the top of the forums letting players know that this is being investigated. The Engineers are investigating and won't stop until a resolution is found -- it is out top priority.

As for this State of the Game blog, it's been scheduled to post for a couple days, well before this incident occurred.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-28-2013, 02:22 PM
That to me was just a PR statement. Nothing more, For everything on that list, I'm just about certain that it can be countered with numerous issues. Today bringing the Launcher Fail, along with the patching issue that seems to have been around, a while. Never mind the various other items.

The free ship is nice, and a New FE is as well. But the rest, was just self congratulatory blather, I'm sorry but that is what its coming across as..
Republic Veteran
# 55
01-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
You'll get nothing and like it.

Working as intended.

We're investigating.

We've concluded it's your fault, use TOR or another proxy to log in, that should fix YOUR problem.

Ah this time it's affecting over half verging on 3/4 of the playerbase, and it's worldwide, not regional.

They take the angle that it's a user-side issue, the game is done for. Cryptic may have POOR customer service but they are not that stupid.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Compensation please, I'm thinking 2500 Free Zen please for completely messing up the syncronisation of my Starbase Projects and Duty Officer Layouts.
Empire Veteran
# 57
01-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Something tells me this so called "Feature Episode" is going to be you press "F" you get a cinematic with denise crosby as sela saying a few sentences and then you blow up a ship and the ship you are in will be some junk you keep in your bank and then a few weeks to a month later you will find a c-store or fleet ship version for sale...

Am I close?

Edit: Oh yeah btw its really really sad that 1 ship and one mission is all the KDF received in 2012 for the one line about the KDF LOL atleast it didn't refer to all that fed diet content as being given to the KDF...
Empire Veteran
# 58
01-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Something tells me this so called "Feature Episode" is going to be you press "F" you get a cinematic with denise crosby as sela saying a few sentences and then you blow up a ship and the ship you are in will be some junk you keep in your bank and then a few weeks to a month later you will find a c-store or fleet ship version for sale...

Am I close?
::: cough cough ....

This is actually why many of us have been waiting to see the stats published ... the fear that its the flagships all over again.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Lieutenant
# 59
01-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I've made many posts in that thread keeping players updated, and we've also posted a giant notice at the top of the forums letting players know that this is being investigated. The Engineers are investigating and won't stop until a resolution is found -- it is out top priority.

As for this State of the Game blog, it's been scheduled to post for a couple days, well before this incident occurred.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
plz stop lieing to us i've only seen 1 of your "update" and plz give us a real "update" ty
ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6621 View Post
plz stop lieing to us i've only seen 1 of your "update" and plz give us a real "update" ty
Agreed but Cryptic are so good at it