Captain
I was curious , now that there are Doffs that mimic the weapons cooldown offered by two copies of AtB -- is one superior to the other ?
Do they complement each other , stack , ruin each others "cooldown" cycles ?

Can they replace each other (and if so , how many doffs would get the same weapons cooldown as AtB x 2) , or can they work in tandem ?

I'm asking because I want to know a little about these Doffs ... before considering their market price .

Thankies !
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Commander
# 2
01-30-2013, 10:37 AM
If your talking about the cannon and beam ability cooldown officers I remember looking at how they worked and figuring out 3 purples would have almost but not quite have been equal to running two copies of a tac power.

a single atb with 3 purple doffs provides a big cooldown bonus and for the few ships out there with the bridge layouts that make sense for it 2 atb builds run everything at the powers global. So in that regard they are not even in the same league. however atb builds are a bit finicky to heal on demand with.
Captain
# 3
01-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
If your talking about the cannon and beam ability cooldown officers I remember looking at how they worked and figuring out 3 purples would have almost but not quite have been equal to running two copies of a tac power.
I was thinking along the same lines as well .
However , I was also wondering if 2 such Doffs + one AtB1 would achieve the same weapons cooldown as if I were running either 3 such Doffs , or AtB x 2 (and no such Doffs) .

Quote:
a single atb with 3 purple doffs provides a big cooldown bonus
I suspected as much , but I was hoping to "get away" with only two such Boffs + one AtB1 .

Quote:
few ships out there with the bridge layouts that make sense for it 2 atb builds run everything at the powers global. So in that regard they are not even in the same league. however atb builds are a bit finicky to heal on demand with.
Agreed , but considering that for two copies of AtB to be fully effective you must also slot 3 Technician Doffs .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Commander
# 4
01-30-2013, 11:11 PM
The issue with atb is it use to count as a EPTX power that was changed and it became something viable to take. And could be worth it with only 1 and non full duty officer count now as it doenst rob you of an eptx, I dont think it would be worth it for powers with low cooldowns but on larger powers you would get several overlapping cooldown reductions. However its basically gonna take a slot that could have been a RSP or Aux2Sif/Damp, extends ect

So my opinion is if your not cranking down RSP or EWPIII to their global their are probably better powers to take. And again it reaaaaallllly sucks to get focused when you have 0 aux and the atb power is very easy to recognize when it goes off so you will.