Starfleet Veteran
# 21
01-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboilerman View Post
That's ok, no one else did either. It was in, what?, one episode of TNG? It is a pretty slick design though, IMO.
Four episodes of TNG (two of which were only debris), and one of DS9. Interestingly, of the ones seen on screen, nearly all were doomed.

Enterprise-C was damaged and going into battle where it would be destroyed.
The one in Conspiracy was already destroyed.
The one in Best of Both Worlds and Emissary was destroyed at Wolf 359.

Only the one in Data's Day escaped unscathed, giving the ship an overall worse survival record than the Oberth.

My one hope for it is that they do something different. The veteran destroyers stretched the distinctions between ship classes, and the Breen and Jem'hadar ships broke them entirely. That opens up a lot of new niches that would have been assumed impossible before, and with traditional cruiser ranks are pretty cluttered, the Ambassador's best place to find use is to take one.

Last edited by hevach; 01-29-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Career Officer
# 22
01-29-2013, 07:57 AM
#1: @virusdancer. - you should not have stopped taking your meds without checking with your doc first.

#2: S5:E1 "Redemption Part II". The U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-26517 was also an Ambassador Class. Temporarily commanded by Riker during the blokade of the Duras sisters.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
01-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingahead View Post
#2: S5:E1 "Redemption Part II". The U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-26517 was also an Ambassador Class. Temporarily commanded by Riker during the blokade of the Duras sisters.

That was also Mackenzie Calhoun's ship, as I recall.
Career Officer
# 24
01-29-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
That was also Mackenzie Calhoun's ship, as I recall.
Yup, an Ambassador class is the star of her own novel series.
*looks at the Vesta* and people say the Ambassador class doesn't appear in stuff often enough
Commander
# 25 2 cents
01-29-2013, 09:22 AM
I would also like to make the point that many Ambassador Class ships were never confirmed as destroyed, (or seen on-screen as destroyed), as they are it simply "text" on some websites as *destroyed*, (often with no explanation)...which leaves the door open to "conjecture".
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Career Officer
# 26
01-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
I would also like to make the point that many Ambassador Class ships were never confirmed as destroyed, (or seen on-screen as destroyed), as they are it simply "text" on some websites as *destroyed*, (often with no explanation)...which leaves the door open to "conjecture".
...you don't mean?!...could it be possible...they spontaneously turned into chicken sandwiches?
Captain
# 27
01-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
On the contrary, the Enterprise flies through the debris field of the Horatio (which they show). Kind of hard to go from ship to cloud of wrecked parts without being destroyed, no?
Republic Veteran
# 28
01-29-2013, 09:39 AM
So we are getting TWO ships a T3 and T5 Ambassador class T5 will only be during the anniversary event.

So there we go see Massively.com's podcast on website.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 01-29-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Ambassador...schmambassador. All the cool kids will be flying the Kamarag, singing as they fly through sector space:

clip
lmao

I won't be singing that but it was funny.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Yup, an Ambassador class is the star of her own novel series.
*looks at the Vesta* and people say the Ambassador class doesn't appear in stuff often enough

Very true. Although, I meant the U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-26517 specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
...you don't mean?!...could it be possible...they spontaneously turned into chicken sandwiches?

It is an Ambassador to muh tummy!